Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress regret - Past brides, prove us wrong!

Did any of you past brides have dress regret at a fitting, only to go on and love your dress on the day?  Please can we see before and after pics?!

Re: Dress regret - Past brides, prove us wrong!

• I have had dress regret for the past 5 months.  I went to my first fitting about 2 weeks ago, and once the dress was pinned, I decided I really do love my dress.  I am excited to see what's it's going to look like once it is actually fitted and not just pinned.
  • I had about 30 seconds of dress regret at my fitting this past Saturday b/c the bust was absolutely HUGE on me. But then she finished pinning it and putting the cups in the right place and I felt instantly better.

But I've always loved the dress so I guess I probably dont count in this instance.
    Anniversary
  • This poster is brand new and using the term "we"....? 
    Is this a vendor or some company trying to gain more information ?
  • A family friend of mine who just got married a month ago bought a dress and after all her fittings cried because she hated it and didn't want to wear it anymore. She ended up shelling out money for a new one. Not sure if that's more or less what you're looking for here.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I regretted my dress for about 30 seconds at the fitting, but once they had the corset done up properly and added in the veil, I remembered again why I loved it and haven't had any regret since!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-regret-past-brides-prove-us-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:09d4924f-c102-4bb2-8e15-b2a0d6fff6c7Post:6cdc6b09-bebf-4eed-a317-29a63d839a6c">Dress regret - Past brides, prove us wrong!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did any of you past brides have dress regret at a fitting, only to go on and love your dress on the day?  Please can we see before and after pics?!
    Posted by chappers10[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm regretting my dress right now and I don't know what to do. It's not that I bought the dress and now I don't like it because of the way it looks... I am full of regret because I bought my dress in January and this past June a cousin of mine got married and his new wife married him in the exact same dress that I bought. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know what to do. I feel shallow because I'm worried about a dress that I'm only going to be wearing for about 12 hours but as it gets closer and closer to my wedding I'm getting more and more upset about it. I don't know what to do. </div>
  • I bought my dress last April and didn't try it on for a year. Over that period of time I was starting to wonder if I got caught up in the moment and made a rash decision. (It was my first time trying dresses on) I started looking at other dresses but finally decided to pull mine out and try it on again. Once I did I realized that I was still in love with it.
  • LaceAndTwineLaceAndTwine member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-regret-past-brides-prove-us-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:09d4924f-c102-4bb2-8e15-b2a0d6fff6c7Post:015e2523-88c2-484e-b76a-503d23f351a5">Re: Dress regret - Past brides, prove us wrong!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm regretting my dress right now and I don't know what to do. It's not that I bought the dress and now I don't like it because of the way it looks... I am full of regret because I bought my dress in January and this past June a cousin of mine got married and his new wife married him in the exact same dress that I bought.  I don't know what to do. I feel shallow because I'm worried about a dress that I'm only going to be wearing for about 12 hours but as it gets closer and closer to my wedding I'm getting more and more upset about it. I don't know what to do. 
    Posted by cs2004cm[/QUOTE]

You could always tie a sash around your waist, or add a statement necklace if you want to change it up a little. :) You picked the dress because you loved it and it looked good on you. Don't take this the wrong way, but people won't remember the dress, they'll remember how YOU looked in the dress. A lot of dresses look very similar (silhouette, shape, straps) and most wont even know it is the same. Don't sacrifice your dress because you think people will notice and /or judge you. Those people don't deserve your worries. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards