Attire & Accessories Forum

Style or fit?!

Ok girls, I'm having a really hard time deciding on a wedding dress. I found two that I absolutely love. I love dress one for it's modern look, lace-up back, and detail. It is also A-line. I love dress two because of the way it fits my curves, and shows an hourglass figure. It is "fit-and-flare," I guess you would say. I can't decide if I should choose style or shape? Any suggestions?
Future Mrs. Bale

Re: Style or fit?!

• Which one do you feel most beautiful in?  Take the "style" and "shape" out of it and go for feel/look and try to imagine yourself walking down the aisle in each one.. which one feels right?
  • Have you seen if you can find a dress that has some of each in it?
  • I was stuck between two very different dresses too.  I liked each one for different reasons and kept going back and forth.  The moms liked them both, so no help there.  I slept on it.  Looked at pictures of me in the dresses.  Slept on it again.  Tried just those two on.  Slept on it again... :)  I also posted pics of me in the dresses on my local and asked for non-biased opinions.

In the end, one dress was what I thought I wanted going in to dress shopping and the other was one I just found along the way.  I went with the dresses that wasn't exactly what I thought I was looking for, but I picked it because every time I put it on, I liked it more.  In the end, I knew FI would love seeing me in it too.

If they're at the same store and you can put them on back to back, I think that helps too.  Put one on you think might be your favorite, close your eyes, have them hold the second dress up to you/pull it around and then open your eyes.  You get a quick compare that way. 

GL!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • You should love not only the DRESS, but how you look in the dress. When you talk about dress 1, it sounds like you're only talking about the dress. When you talk about dress 2, you don't really mention anything about the dress at all!

I'd keep looking for a fit-and-flare dress that has the details you like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Pick the one that looks the best on you.
  • That's what I'm hoping for! :)
    Future Mrs. Bale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards