New Hampshire

Cake-Color help

Hi nh brides! You keep giving out great ideas to me and others! I love the NH site! But my FI and I are going to look at cakes in a couple weeks. Our wedding colors are pool blue and chocolate brown( the brown is more for accent). We are thinking for the wedding cake to have it be white with just the pool blue as the ribbon on the outside of each layer of the cake, or the othe r idea was for it to be a pool blue colored frosting with the chocolate brown ribbon? Any thoughts?We are going to jacques cakes, which I have heard great things about so far! Anything to add on that as well?

Re: Cake-Color help

• MOG730MOG730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You won't be dissapointed w/Jacques.  Just bring your ideas and they will help you.  The pool cake w/brown sounds great.
  • edited December 2011
    Jacques will not disappoint! I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to cake, so I like the white with pool blue accents.
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha this is going to sound funny, but I like the white with pool blue accents, because I think if you have all blue frosting everyone is going to have blue teeth :) Just random thought that popped into my head when I read that. Jacques is SO good to work with they will take any ideas you have and run with them!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the white cake and colored ribbon.  For the blue, you would either need to have a fondant cover (which is not for everyone), or pay to have the frosting dyed (not at every cake shop, but they might try to charge you).
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jacques as was VERY pleased. Something else to consider is finding a ribbon that has blue and brown on it. They have LOTS of ribbons to choose from but said that if I found ribbon that I wanted to use they would do that as well. GL!
  • jesse1328jesse1328 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Jacques for my wedding in September and my colors were pool blue and bright pink!  We actually went with an all pool blue cake with white and pink accents.  I went through the Brookstone package and the coloring of the frosting was included in the package, so I don't think they would charge you extra, but I could be wrong.  They just took a swatch of my bridesmaid dresses (which were pool blue) and matched the color exactly!  I LOVED it and we got tons of compliments on how different and great the cake was!  If you want to see a picture, feel free to check out some good ones from my wedding pictures!!  http://www.pictage.com/715241 is the website, and the event key is Jessica (has to have the capital J).  If you go to "Jess's Favorites" there is a pretty good picture of it on page 2!  That way you don't have to sort through all 700 pictures!  Ahh!  Hope this helps!!  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I like the white cake with ribbon. Could you do sort of a double-up on the ribbon? A wider 2inch ribbon in pool along the base of the layers and perhaps a fun brown and pool 1 inch ribbon on top of the wider ribbon (also on the bottom so the pool peeks out on top)? It would add your colors with a little pizzazz without having the frosting/fondant blue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards