Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

i found "the one" at volle's

i bought my wedding dress from volle's bridal today. (lake zurich, il) i am so excited. when i was a little girl, i drew a picture of what i wanted my wedding dress to look like and i found it at volle's. i went to many other places to look at wedding dresses trying to find the perfect dress for my special day. other places had nice dresses, even some that i would have bought. but when i went to volle's, katie sat me down and asked me what i wanted. she went in the back and pulled 5 gowns that she thought that i would like. i was nervous because i wanted to pick it out myself. i wanted to see the room with all the dresses hanging up to pick out the perfect one. but that would have taken so long. she did an excellent job picking out the ones that i had described to her. she even recommended some styles that would look good for my body shape. i am a plus-sized girl and it's hard to find something good for my figure. usually i dread shopping. i tried on the first dress and i loved it. i knew it was the one. i never thought that i would get that feeling that everyone says "you'll just know." my mom said that we should still try on other styles just to make sure. so we tried on 5 or 6 more. i ended up with 3 final choices. when i put back on the original first dress, i knew that was it. i asked if they did any custom work and they said yes. i wanted to change part of my dress by taking off one thing and adding something different. right away they found a way for me to see what that would look like. then i wanted to add sleeves. again, they brought in extra fabric to show me what a sleeve would look like with the dress. they shaped the fabric to exactly what i was describing. katie showed me a veil that would match the dress perfectly and a tiara. immediatly i started to cry. i knew it. they changed everything i needed to change and made it be the picture i drew when i was little. this was the dress i had always dreamed of. katie was absolutly wonderful. she has a great personality and meshed well with me, my bridesmaids, and my family. she knew exactly what i wanted and she made it happen. everything that i asked of her, she found a way to make it work. it is so awesome that they have the staff on site to alter anything you want. i would defenetly recommend volle's to every bride. they also offer specials for bridesmaids, tuxes, and mother's. i cant wait till my dress comes in.

Re: i found "the one" at volle's

• Options
    Sounds like you had a wonderful experience at your bridal store and I am happy for you that you found your dress!  Not all bridal sales person are good with listening and picking out dresses based on the description given; that's why I prefer to pick my own dresses.  Glad that it worked out for you!  Yay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i was kind of weirded out when i didn't get to look for my own dress. but when she came in with all the perfect choices, i was more relieved that i didnt have to search for anything. it was brought to me! it made me feel like julia roberts in pretty woman!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards