Attire & Accessories Forum

Bustle for Chiffon dress?

Hey ladies!  My dress pic is in my bio.  I am wondering how to bustle the train?  Its a short sweep train (maybe chapel length? didn't measure it.  Its not too long)Anyone have pics of a chiffon dress bustle to show me? :-)

Re: Bustle for Chiffon dress?

• You can ask your seamtress to do a small bustle, it can't be a french or anything like that, but give it a try.
  • My train looks very similar to yours and I just got the bustle done. I wish I had a pic, but it's really simple. Basically, it was one tiny button (just below my butt) and a tiny loop midway between the button and the hem. Super easy. After you loop it over the button, the train gets just enough lift to bring it to the hem length. After helping my sister with her bustle on her princess-y dress (about 10 buttons and fabric ties), I was extremely happy to see how easy mine will be! Hopefully yours will be the same. Good luck!
  • I don't have a pic either, buy my daughter's dress bustled with two little buttons, one on either side of the middle seam, right at the butt.  The seamstress made two loops that you pull over the buttons.  Your seamstress will know how to do a bustle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards