Attire & Accessories Forum

Maggie Sottero or Allure

So im not gonna lie. Besides saying the words I DO to my guy, the thing im most excited about it the dress. But I really want to take my mom and FMIL gown shopping with me, and coordinating that along with my son and work and school is one heck of a job. So I decided to try and hit just one dress shop a day to not add stress. I really love two different dresses and they arent sold at any of the same shops so i will only get to try on one at a time and the interval between trying them on may be quite long. anyways its not a huge deal but i wanted to know about everyones experiences with Allure Bridals and Maggie Sottero dresses. The two dresses im madly in love with right now (I have A LOT of dresses saved that im in love with but these are the two i cant stop obsessing over) are Maggie Sottero's "Passion" and Allure Bridals style 8605. If anybody has any pictures in either that would be awesome too! its really not that big of a deal, im sure i will end up trying on a lot of different styles of dresses but i just really wanted to know what everyones experiences were.

Re: Maggie Sottero or Allure

• I have a dress by Maggie and love it.  I don't know what experiences you are talking about, but I love my dress and actually brought it home last night!!  I don't have pics with me at work, but you can look on her website under Julie and that is my dress. Very clean, simple and fits my body perfectly!
  • I never for a moment regretted my decision to buy a Maggie.  In my opinion, they are the best quality for their price.  They are well made with high quality materials.  Mine also came in a few weeks early.I would suggest that you are open to everything, though, and try on other brands and styles just so that you can get an idea of what looks best on you.  You'll quickly find that dresses look very different in pictures or on the hanger.  The Alexandria was a completely different style than I was looking for, and I only tried it on because the saleswoman asked me to.  Once she laced it up, I was in love.Good luck and have fun!
  • Both of your dresses are really beautiful. Im definately going to be open about trying on lots of gowns when i go to the store to shop Im just trying to figure out which store to go to first the Maggie or the Allure. I think im leaning towards the Maggie store because maggie has a lot of different gowns that all look like "me" thanks for the opinions im glad you all had great experiences with maggie, ive seen a lot of brides on here with maggie gowns and they all look really great!
  • Bubba, it's good to have an idea of what you're looking for (style, designer, etc), but once you start trying dresses keep an open mind. Some people find their dresses in the first store, others (like myself) have gone to 10+ stores and tried on over 100 dresses. Also, not every store that carries Maggie Sottero will have every style. If there' something particular you are looking for you may have to call around for it.Good luck!
  • Ditto gold. I for sure thought I was going to end up in a Maggie dress. I had about 30 styles from them that I liked. About half of them I couldn't find in any stores and the other half didn't look as good on me as they did on the models. I just bought my dress this weekend and it's Blue by Enzoani "Accra"! I didn't wind up with a Maggie at all- so keep an open mind. Though that dress Passion is gorgeous!
  • Ill definately keep everything you girls mentioned in mind. Ill call around at the maggie stores around here and see if they have "passion" in stock and go from there. I have a feeling its gonna be a long search, but luckily im excited to go dress shopping and play dress up so it shouldnt be too stressful and nerve racking.
  • Hello! I saw your posting and I hope I'm not too late, but I have the Allure 8605 and I LOVED it!! I have it in ivory perfect size 10 never altered. If you'd like to save about $700 let me know as mine is for sale since I do not have enough room for it and I would rather someone else got to enjoy it as much as I did! Let me know if you are interested by emailing me at chellenicosia@hotmail.com and I can send you more pictures of the dress. It is just so different from all of the other dresses out there since it's so classy and elegant! Best wishes and I hope I can help another bride! Chelle xoxox
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards