Attire & Accessories Forum

Christos-Desiree

Has anyone seen any less expensive dresses that are similar to style Desiree by Christos? I really like the look of this dress, but I haven't tried it on because I am too afraid of falling in love with something out of my price range. So I was wondering if any of you have come across anything similar..anything close would be great to know about!  TIA  :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christos-Desiree

• Sorry, I haven't really! But Mori Lee Blu 4524 has the same shape/ silhouette, and you could just add a couple of layers of tulle and swiss dot over it! (The Mori Lee dress is only $500!) GL!
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Jim Hjelm has something very similar from either their Spring for Fall 2009 collection, although I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be. I think it retails around $3000, give or take. I would check out Casablanca, Jasmine, and Watters. Those are a couple that I know have a tendency to "follow the trend" of the big name designers. ;-)
  • wcvs- I'll warn you ahead of time- you will most likely not find swiss dots/ dotted mesh through any of the cheaper designers :( I went on a mad hunt for it myself, and in the end decided to just modify whatever dress I get! BUT- Pronovias and La Sposa both have a few dresses with dot mesh (sorry, forgot about them before) And Jim Hjelm is about 1/2 as expensive as Christos.
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Thanks for your help. I have the Mori Lee dress saved as one that I really like also. I just thought the Christos dress was a little different and would be really nice but oh well. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've seen a few Desiree samples for sale on www.preownedweddingdresses.com. I don't know if those would be more in your price range or not. They are pretty popular but they seem to come and go on that website.

Hopefully that helps. I tried on the Desiree and my mother FELL IN LOVE with it, unfortunately I wanted something a little more traditional.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards