Attire & Accessories Forum

Unsure about purchasing a dress online

I have found a gorgeous dress online from a wholesale store but I am not too keen on buying a dress online without trying one on. The other problem is that I don't know where to find a wedding dress that has color in it that isn't online. Does anyone have any experience with buying dresses online and would you be able to tell me about some reputable sites or would you be able to tell me about some local stores that have a variety of dresses that have color in them not just one or two, not full color but with color accents. Thanks!

Re: Unsure about purchasing a dress online

• I strongly do not recommend buying online. I used to work in a bridal shop and heard nothing but horror stories. The majority of designers do not have contracts with online sellers and they're usually knock offs with the tag sewn in. If you're looking for a dress with color, I know David's Bridal does that. Also check out Maggie Sottero, Essence of Australia, Alfred Angelo, and Impressions. I think those may have some color as well.Good Luck!
  • It's perfectly safe to order a dress online as long as you purchase from a company that has a good reputation like Netbride or Pearl's Place.  Both of those companies have been around for many years (they both have brick and mortar stores too), and they've gotten literally thousands of rave reviews. They are authorized dealers for all of the designers they sell so there's no need to be afraid :).  I ordered my bridesmaids' dresses from Netbride and my mom's dress from PP.  Had a great experience both times!  In order to buy from them though, you already have to know what gown you want.  Alfred Angelo has several dresses to choose from with color, and I believe Netbride is an authorized seller for them. That said, you have to be VERY careful because you don't want to risk ordering from a business that sells copies. 
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards