New Hampshire

any ideas for a rustic elegant venue?

my bff is getting married and she asked me if i knew any spots in MA< NH< ME< OR VT   
shes looking for the old barn redone type thing  

so i told her the barn at gibbet hill in groton ma and then zorvinos in sandown but i was wondering if you ladies had any other ideas?  nothing to break the bank but still gorgeous.  TIA!!!!

kim  =)

Re: any ideas for a rustic elegant venue?

• edited December 2011
    The Brass Heart Inn in Chocorua NH. I went to a wedding in the barn there and it was gorgeous once everything was set up! They don't really have many pics on the website but it is worth taking a visit to go see! http://www.thebrassheartinn.com/
  • versedversed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at The Round Barn (<- clicky) in Waitsfield VT - Beautiful location

Definitely worth looking into!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA. I went to a wedding there last year... I wouldn't say its like a barn but its definitely rustic yet elegent. <--- to me anyways =)

http://www.zukas.com/
  • KimberlyDonKimberlyDon member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!!!!  i wil def send these idea to her!!!  =)
  • 25thann25thann member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not a barn, but the Old Mill in Westminster, Ma. fits the bill as rustic for sure. It has a little lake that runs down the side of it with ducks and a pretty stone waterfall as you walk through the little covered bridge entrance
  • edited December 2011
    Some places that came to mind are Alyson's Orchard in Walpole NH, Stonewall Farm in Keene NH, the Dell Lea in Chichester NH, Pat's Peak Ski Area in Henniker NH.  All have a rustic feeling to them! :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Gibbet Hill is BEAUTIFUL!  I'll also recommend Bedford Village Inn (where I was married).  Gorgeous grounds, and a beautiful old post and beam reception area.
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married at Church Landing in Meredith, NH. I'm not sure if you would call it rustic, but it is like a very elegate lake side lodge (adorondak chairs/tree making up the beams of the hotel). Check it out online!

Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The Outlook in South Berwick is an old barn-ish place that is really nice. 

The Rivermill is an old mill. Very beautiful. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Castle in the Clouds in NH.  Its the most amazing view ive ever seen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards