Attire & Accessories Forum

How early to start looking

How early did people start looking for their dress?My wedding is June 18, 2011. I've done the magazine browsing and a little bit online.When do you suggest to head to the stores?

Re: How early to start looking

• I would highly recommend waiting. I bought my dress last january... a year and 4 months before my wedding and I have gained weight to the point that I can no longer fit into my dress. So now I have to workout like a crazy person to make sure I can fit back into my dress before april. I would say wait at least until a year to 9 months before the wedding. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went about 7 months before my wedding...and even still I find myself finding details in other dresses that I love...so besides the point of your body possible changing, your style might change too and I would hate for you dislike your gown 2 years later ya know?
  • My wedding is June 4, 2011, and I have my dress already. If you want to, go ahead and start looking in stores now. I started early b/c I thought it'd be harder to find something near my size in my price range. Third shop I went into I found it. Since I've always wanted something traditional, I didn't worry about changing my mind. If you want a trendier dress you mind want to wait to see what the trends will be like closer to your date.
  • You can start browsing online for ideas now.But I highly recommend waiting until about 1 year out before you actually head into stores to try on dresses. Depending on what designer you go with, the dress can take 6+ months to come in, so keep that in mind.I bought my dress 16 months before my wedding and it was the dumbest thing I could have done - I didn't really even like my dress by the time my wedding came around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought my dress in July this year which is about 9 months before my wedding. I think that is a prefect amount of time. It depends on the bridal shop how far in advance you need to order your dress. They told me that it could be 4 to 6 months before I could get my dress after its ordered. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards