Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

What do you think about this?

I am going to be having a spring(April) wedding & I live in Alaska & I would like some thoughts on these colors.I am not having a traditional wedding dress ( White) so I am attaching a link to the dress I am going to be having:Our wedding colors are ( still in question, not sure how they would look together) Any thoughts? Main color light purple ( same as dress), baby pink & Ivory.Here is what I was thinking for bridesmaids dresses. Ivory dresses with the sash light pink. What do some of you think?

Re: What do you think about this?

• Options
    with ivory dresses, I think all the BMS would look like brides with you being a maid in the color.  Maybe put them in pink dresses?
  • Options
    with ivory dresses, I think all the BMS would look like brides with you being a maid in the color.On the contrary, IMO... given the style of your purple dress (grander) vs. the style of the BM dresses (shorter, more casual), no one will think they look like brides. Besides, your friends and family will know who the bride is.I'd go with ivory. That much purple and that much pink would be...let's just say, NMS. What colour bouquets will you be carrying?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I think the ivory dresses would be fine. I think I would use a purple sash to compliment your dress. My only concern would be your girls might freeze in Alaska in April. I would make sure they had wraps or something.
  • Options
    What about having the sash match your dress? I like your dress, but lets be honest, its not the "typical" bridal dress, and I think purple sashes, rather than the pink, would kind of tie it all in together nicely, just my opinion. And then you could add the pink in the bouquets maybe?
  • Options
    Ditto that purple sashes would look better than pink, but I LOVE ivory BM dresses. I have an ivory dress and I almost put my girls in ivory and ivory and gray dresses (and then we found THE BEST BM dresses in solid gray)
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    did your fi really agree to purple and pink?
  • Options
    I think a tint of color is great and it definitely makes a statement for the bride, I'm not a fan of this color. The dress itself is very pretty and I like the cut, but maybe a light purple like lavender. That does not look light purple to me. The bridesmaid dresses are cute.
  • Options
    To be honest, the formality levels of the two dresses do not match. Your wedding dress, which I absolutely love is way more formal than the bm dress. I think you should go with an ivory long dress for the bms with a sash to match your purple dress.
  • Options
    I think the dresses don't match each other style wise - there's ruching (sp?) on your dress and the bridesmaids' dresses but it's not the same ruching. Honestly, I'd get the bridemaids to wear plain black dresses. I think that would be more classy than going down the sash route, personally.Ultimately though, you have to be happy so please ignore our opinions if you think otherwise :)
  • Options
    I really like the BM dresses, but the two together really clash & don't look good together. Your dress is very heavy looking, a dark purple, glitzy & the BM dress are light, airy, & white. You can get light pink dresses that would look nice & not extremely "bride-like" this seems more like a prom dress...
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards