Attire & Accessories Forum

Dress Shopping in Atlanta

Hi Ladies, As you can see from my ticker, we are getting very close to the one year mark, and I'm getting very excited about going dress shopping. I was wondering if you ladies could tell me about your experiences, what shops are the best, and which ones I should stay away from. I live in the Alpharetta area, but if you highly recommend a shop farther away I would be willing to try it out. Let me know your experiences. I have already gone to David's Bridal but want to try different options. Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Dress Shopping in Atlanta

• Post this on your local board... you should have helpful responses from there. I'm in Boston so I'm no help..gl!
  • I am from the Bahamas & I flew to ATL to several boutiques.  I LOVED bridals by lori.  The staff was very helpful (ask for Flori). They have a huge selection and varying prices, including a room or two dedicated to just sale gowns.  I have had nothing but superb service with them!
  • Wedding Angels in Roswell is by far the best place to go!!! (And it isn't too far from you, either.)
  • I happen to buy my dress there when I was in town on biz. La Raine's Bridal Boutique close to central atlanta. The ladies there were great and I loved the shop.Good luck!
  • I second Wedding Angels.  I had a great experience shopping there and would recommend Karin to anyone!
  • I also bought my gown at Wedding Angels in Roswell and they did a wonderful job storing it until right before the wedding.  They have an in-house seamstress who does all of the tailoring and I found that to be a relief and loved the all-in-one-shop stop.  I would caution that you get it tailored to be very snug as the dress gets bigger as you start to move around in it.  My dress fit just fine standing there in the store but on my wedding day, we realized it could've been taken in another half-inch or so and had to tape me into it!  It wasn't a problem but just something to think about -- always bring double stick tape with you on your big day!
  • I went to Wedding Angels, Bridals by Lori, and Bride Beautiful.  They were all great, and have friends who have bout their dresses from each place, but in my opinion Bride Beautiful had the biggest selection.  I ended up getting mine there and couldn't be happier.they also have a big selection of BM dresses, and offer a discount if you get your dress there.Congrats- and good luck looking!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards