New Hampshire
Options

Shattuck entrance question

We just booked Shattuck for our wedding September 2013 and will be doing both the reception and the ceremony there. Does anyone have any suggestions for the entrance to the ceremony? The terrace is across the way from the reception site and I don't want everyone to see me coming a mile away. Thanks!

Re: Shattuck entrance question

• Options
    We had a wedding at the Shattuck this past Sept, (2011).  The girls got ready onsite in the balcony area and then got into a limousine at the front of the Cathedral ballroom.  The limo drove the girls (and FOB), down to the ceremony area.  One by one, each attendant got out of the limo and walked down the aisle.  Then at the end, FOB walked [the bride] down the aisle. 

After the ceremony, the limo took us away for champagne while the guests went to cocktail hour.  Then about 15 mins. later, the limo brought us back for family and other portraits.  (Family hung out at the terrace waiting for the limo to return while the other guests went to the ballroom).

If you didn't use a limo---some others just use golf carts to drive down to the ceremony area.  There is a small charge for the carts---I think $15 each.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking we may have to do the golf cart thing. We are trying to not have to pay for a limo or transportation service at all, so maybe the golf carts would be an option. This for me has been the one draw back but I suppose we can dress up the golf cart! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards