Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid dresses online? Reviews?

2»

Re: Bridesmaid dresses online? Reviews?

• Options
    I was considering buying bridesmaid dresses from Von Vonni and in the past they have been quite good, but they are having absolutely horrible customer service right now, not shipping dresses or refunding since July. If you place an order now, they will charge your account, not tell you when your dress will be shipped, not pick up the phone when you call customer service, and if you're lucky, you might get an email saying that it will be shipped by the end of the week. I ordered a dress three weeks ago to try and I still have not received it. I have also heard they have an F with the Better Business Bureau. Therefore, be warned that if you want their bridesmaid dresses, wait until they have (hopefully) resolved this issue. Best of luck in your bridesmaid dress shopping!
  • Options
    DO NOT I repeat don not buy from the Knot. I bought a dress and it was nothing like advertised and they refused to take the return.  This company does not back up their products. Save your money and deal with a reputable company.
  • Options

I love the transformer dress,I have 3 other transformers myself and they are amazing, but I got them through a local boutique.  I completely suggest the look, but not the company. I ordered my 6 bridesmaid dresses on Sept 15th, my card was charged and almost two months later I still have no dresses.  I have emailed, called, and facebooked Von Vonni with no response.  Now their website no longer works.  STAY AWAY! You can order the same dresses on Ebay or Etsy, DO NOT GO THROUGH VON VONNI!  I have filed fraud charges and with the Better Business Buearu. 

• Options
    I personally never had a problem with sugar bits as a retailer.  I got colour swatches within 2 weeks and I did order my dresses early since I am not a person to leave things to the last minute.  I personally think you should be ordering your bridesmaid dresses at least 6 months before since they are all custom-made and need to come from the same dye-lot or you will get different shades.  so there is sometimes a delay until they get enough fabric of the same dye lot to get your whole order.  I got mine within 6 weeks and that was shipped to Canada.  I LOVED the dresses for my girls and they all looked amazing.  My maid of honour was my 15 year old sister and it was totally age approriate for her.  My sister-in-law is like a model and it obviously looked great on her.  My one bridesmaid is a little heavier and the other was 8 months pregnant.  They were all able to find a style that fits them and they have already worn the dresses again!  An important thing to note is that you do need to do a test run before the wedding day to practice tying all the dresses and seeing what looks best on everyone.  We had a dinner and tying party about a week before just so there wouldn't be any stress the day of.  Oh,  and the bandeaus are a must.  Otherwise there is a lot of side boob especially on any one-shoulder options.
  • Options
    I am dealing with this company right now, and I would NOT recommend them. They are very sketchy with their business, as others have mentioned earlier and the 'coral' dresses that my bridesmaids ordered is not anything like a 'coral' color I have seen before. Also, the quality of the dress/fabric is horrible, I don't feel that the value is anywhere close to $60. My bridesmaids may now have to order a new dress, obviously from another company, so that the dresses are in fact 'coral'. Again, I do NOT recommend ordering the convertible dresses from 'Sugar Bits'
  • Options
    http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/dressmakers/sugar-bits-convertibles-in-denver-co-90154246/complaints

just came across this, I would suggest reading through them before you make a final decision!
  • Options
    I agree with Irenauk.  I used them for my BM dresses and they were great to deal with.  Prices much lower than in bridal shops, and dresses came in much earlier than they originally quoted.  Very pleased with them.  I also looked at netbride.com, bestbridal.com.   There are several threads on these too, all get high marks. 
  • Options
    This is true!! I bought all three of my bridesmaids their dresses at sugarbits.com they are a nice fabric and only $60. It took a little longer than I would have liked for them to arrive and there was no confirmation email, which made me nervous. But they all came within a month and they are perfect!!
  • Options
    Do you happen to know the name of the etsy vendor you used?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards