Attire & Accessories Forum

Cartilage earring

I have a cartilage earring that I've had forever, I didn't even think about it till now but I'm not sure what to do if to do anything about it for my wedding. Should I just leave it or take it out? It's got an eyebrow earring in it with green balls on it.
Recommendations please! :
Anniversary

Re: Cartilage earring

• Yes its part of me, I thought about just getting a plain hoop, studs tend to look tacky personally
    Anniversary
  • I would change it out to something more plain.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I got about nineteen piercings in my ears and I've got cute little rhinestone studs to wear in them for the wedding. I'd feel naked without them but I also don't want all my stainless steel hardware to be a distraction. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would do something that matches your theme. This coming from someone with gauges, a nose ring and dimple piercings, haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore my everyday earrings in my cartliage and tragus. I added a pic do you can see it's no big deal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with getting some simple hoops. I recently switched my everyday ear piercing jewelry from the kind with the balls on them to small seamless hoops and it made such a huge difference. Now instead of looking edgy and tough like most piercings do, they actually look dainty and feminine. I couldn't be happier with the change.

Here are what I bought, they are super cheap and the quality is fantastic (I buy all my jewelry here, btw). I got the annealed rings, the first few results. I'm not sure what gauge you would need which is why I included them all. My only word of caution is to make sure you have them turned so that the seam is not inside the actual piercing for any length of time, because that shiz hurts. I just rotate mine daily and haven't had any issues.

http://painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=31

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think if you are asking the question, you are having doubts about wanting them in....Listen to what ever your inner voice is.

Are you more likely to look back in 10 years and regret having a picture WITH them in the ear...or will you kick yourself cuz they aren't in the picture?? Only you can decide
  • I actually took a unique approach to my cartilage ear peice because unfortunately it was rejecting anything metal I put in there (grrr).  No hoops, no studs, nothing would appease it.

I ended up buying a labret stud with a pretty rhinestone cap, with the post made out of a hypoallergenic plastic, and putting it in.  Worked like magic, and looks really nice too! I especially like the fact that the back of labrets are flat, so the darn thing doen't poke me in the head like other traditional ear jewerly does.

I'm wearing it to the wedding, it looks a lot like a non cartilage earring rhinestone stud, just higher up. 
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards