Attire & Accessories Forum

Alterations

So my dress is here and although I ordered a 0P (I know some people are rolling their eyes) it fits about 2 sizes to big. (As in it still has to be rolled and clipped so it doesn't fall down) Seeing as I cannot order a smaller size and that the entire dress is covered in beads how soon should I go in to have them start alterations? My wedding isn't until April so obviously not until at least the end of January, but how much time does it usually take to alter a dress?

here's the link to my dress. I don't know if that would help..
We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)

Re: Alterations

• That's really a beautiful dress. I think I would have the first fitting soon, if it is as big on you as you've mentioned, it could take time for them to alter it so it fits right. I'd rather give them more time than less time.
  • Thanks ladies! My mom is kinda freaking out since it is sooo big but I think it'll turn out just fine. I figure I'll take it in after Christmas and figure it out then since I have more than plenty of time. 

Thanks again!
    We just stopped preventing January 2013! I use a tablet so please forgive my auto correct! :)
  • My dress is litterally being taken in 10 sizes (from a 12 to a 2)), and although I was freaking out they only began altering it a month before my wedding.  Definitely contact your seamstress and discuss the situaton.  She/He will be able to tell you how much time will be needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards