New Hampshire

Message Board Feedback

Hey ladies,
I'd love to see more traffic on the board and kind of at lost on what to do. What would you ladies like to see on the board? knottie of the week (or month), more polls, etc.? Give me your ideas.

Should we change up the daily posts? They've been in place since before I was MOD Here are what they currently are:

Monday - NWR & WR Plans
Tuesday - It used to be post something NWR & WR
Wednesday - Confessions
Thursday - Dear FI
Friday - WTF

What are your ideas?

Re: Message Board Feedback

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'd like to see more posts here in the NH board too.  Seems it has been pretty slow lately, but maybe it's just that there aren't as many people planning weddings right now.

Polls are always fun though!  Rather than having the same posts "Dear FI', etc. every week, (too predictible), go with different questions around wedding planning and related issues every day.  Those who have recently gotten married can offer tips and advice and the newbies can ask questions--the rest of us can share our triumphs and acomplishments, since no one gets as excited about these things unless they are also planning a wedding.  (Others get sick of hearing about wedding planning stuff).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessarily what you're doing...just the girls that visit this site seem to not frequent it as much...I check here often and there's never new posts from anyone except for you...so it's not as fun as my July 2011 board where everyone posts like crazy! Not sure how to get everyone into posting more.

We do a knottie of the week, where you post a ton of questions and the knottie answers them so everyone gets to know you better.

We also do a lot of show me your _________ posts...for example..show me your shoes! and people will either post their shoe inspiration or post the actual shoes that they have purchased

Also there are a lot of polls and posts asking for help on different DIY ideas, etc.

Maybe we could start some of that here? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I noticed this board is a lot less active than some of the others I frequent (Sept 2011, DIY)... I'd love to see some more NH love!!! 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011

I have a very active Nestie board Oct. 2011 and it was ridiculously active on TK.  We recently started a Show Us Your Digs Friday and when it was the TK we had a featured knottie friday.  We put our names into the contenders on Sunday, had a poll set up to vote on Monday and on Friday there was a post where everyone could leave that knottie questions and she would answer...WR and NWR.  It was alot of fun and a great way to get to know each other

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think another reason this board might be quieter is because everyone is at such different planning stages...I don't know how to bring everyone together but the month boards are so easy to keep busy because everyone is at the same stage of wedding planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Brodie....NH board is great for local resources and reviews, but everyone is at different stages.  Still love checking this 'home' board though.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I've noticed the board is much less active than when I first joined on.

I like the polls and things, but maybe change them up a little..they have been the same for quite a while.

I like the little "ask a question" game where you ask a question and someone else answers and asks another. It also creates a fair amount of traffic.

I think you do a great job with the board! :) We just have a lot of new people and everyone is at different stages as PP have said.
    Anniversary
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies! The board is a lot slower then when I joined on but that is to be expected because of the economy. Also we haven't had many GTG's and I think once you met ppl you become more invested in whats going on. 

I will take into consideration the feedback and will try my best to work up some new posts and polls. 

Thanks again ladies!
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm late to this, but I love the ideas above about having more polls and show me your [blank] posts.  I also thought maybe having "different" polls - e.g. "Do you think there will be lots of dancing at your wedding?" or "What's on your do-not-play list?" rather than just the usual "What are your wedding colors?" and "What style dress are you wearing?"

I definitely haven't been as active as I would like lately, mostly because I feel extraordinarily guilty for spending time on wedding things instead of grad school applications (which I am almost done with, but sick to DEATH of!).
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards