Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil?

I want to do a birdcage veil....my ONLY problem is that I've fallen in love with a black veil.

Is a black veil acceptable to wear to my own wedding?

I have black jewelry and a black sash. 
110 invited image
45 are gonna party with us! image
2 are big jerks!image
63 are stressing me out!image

RSVP Deadline: February 19
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil?

• Options
    It's unconventional, but I don't see why you can't do it.
  • Options
    I don't see how a black veil would be unacceptable, especially since you have other black accent pieces. If that's what you want than go for it.
  • Options
    These days anything goes. I have even seen colored wedding dresses if that helps your decision any.
  • Options
    Its totally ok if that's what you want to do!!  I think it will look good with the black accessories.  A goth glam look.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Certainly, especially with black accents.  Is the veil you fell in love with a black birdcage veil?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_veil-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:193762a1-549b-4085-831c-00c87e8f039dPost:8c88154e-cbc1-4c3b-b16c-61e0d4fc58f3">Re: Veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Certainly, especially with black accents.  Is the veil you fell in love with a black birdcage veil?
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  While I was shopping for my own veil I saw lots of colored birdcage veils (on Etsy.com) including black ones.

This is just my opinion but I think a black birdcage veil is much classier than a longer one.  A longer black veil just says "funeral" to me.
    panther
  • Options
    I agree that it sounds nice, especially with the other black you'll have on.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Definitely doable.
  • Options
    I bought it! :) A black birdcage veil with a black flower and crystal in the middle.

Obviously not me :) But this is the one that I bought to wear before we're married.

I bought this flower clip for AFTER the ceremony :) 

Thank you ALL for your input. Made me sooo happy to read right before I went to the bridal store. xoxoox.
    110 invited image
    45 are gonna party with us! image
    2 are big jerks!image
    63 are stressing me out!image

RSVP Deadline: February 19
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It looks even better than I was thinking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards