Attire & Accessories Forum

A bit of a dress dilemma...OPINIONS NEEDED NOW!!!!!

So I bought my wedding dress and having a white dress was never a huge thing to me and my dress is the Adorae by Maggie Sottero in Ivory which is what is shown in the picture --> http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1307. And when my fiance was talking the other day he said "Im so excited to see you in a white dress." Now, im freaking out. I LOVE THE DRESS and have never had any doubts until now! Should I really be stressing?

Re: A bit of a dress dilemma...OPINIONS NEEDED NOW!!!!!

• So I bought my wedding dress and having a white dress was never a huge thing to me and my dress is the Adorae by Maggie Sottero in Ivory which is what is shown in the picture --> http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1307. And when my fiance was talking the other day he said "Im so excited to see you in a white dress." Now, im freaking out. I LOVE THE DRESS and have never had any doubts until now! Should I really be stressing?
  • Don't stress for a second.  I seriously doubt that your FI will notice that your dress is ivory as opposed to white.
  • Yeah definitely don't stress. He won't care, most guys don't realize that wedding dresses come in other colors besides white, I'm sure he means he can't wait to see you in your white or similar shade dress. He'll never notice

• Yeah really I wouldn't worry.  It's really hard to pull off brilliant white anyway!!  Mine is considered light gold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly, I just looked at the photo, and it's so light I wouldn't even call it ivory. He won't even notice. If he sees you coming down the aisle and goes "hmm, ivory?", he's got his priorities mixed up. ;)
  • I agree with pp... Maggie's "ivory" is so light that he really won't notice.

PS. Ivory is usually more flattering on a bride than stark white anyway (as it is a softer shade and not so harsh). :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't worry about this at all! Ivory is really just a different shade of white. White comes in many shades so ivory is still considered a shade of white. Not to mention not everyone looks good in bright white. My dress is ivory because white would make me look washed out but I still have a traditional wedding dress. He won't even notice that it is a shade or two off from bright white.
  • Honestly guys can't tell the difference between white and ivory.  He'll go gagagagaga over you anyways when he sees you in your beautiful, and gorgeous dress, and your awesome smile!

Don't doubt yourself!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • When I took my fiance dress shopping with me he couldn't tell the difference unless the ivory and white were on top of each other! Just follow through with the ivory and make sure the guys wear ivory shirts!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I agree with the others - he didn't mean white as opposed to ivory, he meant white as opposed to purple!

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous by the way!
    imageimageimage
  • Yes, unless you walk down the aisle in fire engine red, he'll see what he thinks is white!  Gorgeous dress, by the way....I'm a Maggie bride, too...Pamela Royale!
  • Agree with all PPs...

and in all honesty, I, myself, didn't know the difference between white and ivory until I became a bride-to-be and went dress shopping.
  • no one can tell the difference between ivory and white unless they are butted up against each other
  • That is truly one of the loveliest gowns I have seen.  I am sure he, like most men, just means a traditional wedding gown.  He will NEVER notice the difference between white and ivory.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • when he sees how gorgeous you are the last thing he will be thinkin is : is that dress ivory or white. dont sweat it. the dress is beautiful!
  • Men can't tell the difference between the whites. Don't worry. Your dress is stunning btw!
  • Beautiful dress...and I'll echo pp and say go for it~ I'm sure he'll love you in it & at the end of the night, I bet if you ask him what color your dress is, he'll look at you and say, "Uhhh...WHITE, of course! What are you asking me for?" :)
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your dress is absolutely gorgeous. Do not doubt yourself for a second.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, agreed with the others. He just means "a wedding dress."
  • llmw07llmw07 member
    First Comment
    It's beautiful...don't sweat it!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards