Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

second thoughts on my dress

Im having a panic moment  because my mother bought my wedding dress and I  dont think I like it, or im second guessing myself. The dress has the potential  to be beautiful with alterations but the more  I think about it the more I worry. The dress is not what I wanted  but my mom, whose financially struggling, insisted on making payment plan s on this dress. HELP! Thoughts?

Re: second thoughts on my dress

• Options
    Definitely act on this quickly if you don't think this dress is what you want. Also sit down and have an honest conversation with your mother about it. It is very important to be honest with her since she is the one paying. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I still feel the same way and every bride does. You should go in by  yourself and try other dresses on and see what happens. Talk to them. Im sure theyll understand
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I too had dress regrets!! I let my mom and aunt talk me into a dress that i liked, but didn't love. I didn't have that emotional teary eyed "this is the one" moment... i thought maybe not every bride had that moment... but after 6 days every day that went by i hated it more and more. i had my heart set on 2 vera wang dresses that i REALLY wanted to try on... So.. I went back to Davids Bridal and without any arguing they happily offered to do an exchange for any dress of equal value or pay the difference of a more expensive one... I tried on my Vera and balled my eyes out. You know when it's the dress of your dreams, and you shouldn't settle for less... PS my mom HATES my new dress haha, but since I love it I don't really care of what anyone else thinks about it!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_second-thoughts-on-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:1f24c8ea-c94e-41ea-a06f-f8e45d3b6f26Post:740540d9-b912-4c57-8a1c-d975e528c9ed">second thoughts on my dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having a panic moment  because my mother bought my wedding dress and I  dont think I like it, or im second guessing myself. The dress has the potential  to be beautiful with alterations but the more  I think about it the more I worry. The dress is not what I wanted  but my mom, whose financially struggling, insisted on making payment plan s on this dress. HELP! Thoughts?
    Posted by jthieret[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I had dress regret but wasn't in the financial situatino to get a new one...When it finally came in it, I remembered how much I LOVED it. and was very happy I chose it.

Regret is more common than you think....
  • Options
    My mom convinced me into mine too! The store was closing so we saved $1300 and I didn't want her to spend a fortune.. I am still trying to sell that dress online. But I found my perfect dress new for. $1000 off on eBay! Heck out eBay, preownedweddingdresses.com, still white.com, and oncewed.com and you can save. lot of money!!
  • Options
    I had second thoughts... until I looked at the pictures we had taken while dress shopping and realized that I truly looked the happiest in the one I ended up with.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:second thoughts on my dress:[QUOTE]I had second thoughts... until I looked at the pictures we had taken while dress shopping and realized that I truly looked the happiest in the one I ended up with. Posted by artbyallie[/QUOTE]
    Me too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards