New Hampshire

Hotel recs in Salem/Windham?

We contracted with the Salem Holiday Inn for a discount price, and were told that they didn't "block" rooms, but guests who called to reserve and gave our name would get a discount. One of my BMs called today to reserve a room, and was told "the block is full" and she has to pay full price.  We're working with them now to get this sorted out, but in the event that for some reason they won't come through, does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Salem or Windham?  Or, better yet, warnings of where to stay away from?  I'm not terribly familiar with the area, and would prefer to keep my friends and family away from anything that's known to be sketchy.

TIA!
Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI

Re: Hotel recs in Salem/Windham?

• We used the Wyndham in Andover, MA.  It is right on 93 so easy to get to.  La Quinta near the Holiday Inn was our second choice but went with the Windham because the price wasn't that much more for a gorgeous hotel
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is making me super nervous! let me know how it works out because we are getting married on the same day and I also I have contract with this hotel!
  • Thanks, ladies!  Turns out it was just a speed bump - central reservations for the Holiday Inn doesn't know what goes on at individual branches, apparently, but my BM got everything smoothed out by calling this hotel directly.

The number to get STRAIGHT to the front desk of the Salem Holiday Inn is (603) 839-5511.  Everything is fine, she got her discount and we should be all set for any other guests who haven't booked yet :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • YES! We had problems with the Holiday Inn too when people called the 800 number. Tell them to ONLY call the 6903 number. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, and it was fabulous. The pool/hot tub area and the restaurant make it all worth while, plus the discounted rate was great. Even though they don't "block" rooms they keep the wedding people together mostly, on a few different floors, but together. My room was even adjoined to my MOH's room, and that totally wasn't planned!!

We had a great time at the Holiday Inn, we were there for 3 days and they were just great.
    Photobucket
  • I got married last August in Hampstead and we looked into booking the holiday inn or the la quinta in salem and we had bad luck at both.  The holiday inn was booked for our weekend and full. We asked the La quinta and before we could even tell them when we would need the block they said they were booked.  Not to mention we stayed there to check it out ahead of time and the beds were "like those in a Turkish prison" according to my DH. 
    We went with the Crowne Plaza in Nashua which is right off of Rt. 3.  Everyone had nice things to say and they were easy to work with.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards