Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Are beaded veils worth it?

When I was trying on dresses yesterday, the consultant kept having me try on different veils too, obviously trying to get me to buy the more expensive, beaded ones. 

While I thought the detail did look nice up close, I have to wonder if anyone would even be able to tell it was beaded. The ones I tried on had beading around the edge, but I also like the ones with a little beading all over.

I was just wondering if anyone has/had a beaded veil, and if people besides you notice it, or if it shows up in pictures. I would like a little sparkle, but I don't know if the extra cost is worth it.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are beaded veils worth it?

• Options
    I'm borrowing my FSIL's veil because I love the beading on it and it matches perfectly with my dress. 
    I think it is definitely noticeable :)
  • Options
    I think it's noticeable.

I ended up buying a veil with a beaded edge and that has rhinestones scattered across the veil from the edge to about 6 inches in from the edge.  I never thought I'd end up with something like that, but the way it catches the light and shimmers is just really pretty.  I guess only you can decide if it is worth it or not - I thought it was!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't think its worth it. Definitely not to get one at a bridal shop anyway. Get one from ebay or something if you really want the beading. No one will know that its a cheapo as long as its wrinkle free. I bought a veil because it matched the beading on my dress and it looked great. But I paid $149! I know thats not outrageous, but I'm kicking myself. I wish I'd just gotten a cheaper one online. I still might and try to sell the one I have.

But as PP said, you'll probably only wear it for the ceremony and no one but your FI, close family, and WP are going to be close enough to you for an extended period of time to even notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I agree I think I would have a dressmaker make one beading veil.
  • Options
    I highly recommend looking somewhere besides the bridal shops for your veil.  I bought mine at a bridal shop that was having a sample veil sale so I got it for 40 bucks.  Otherwise there is no way I would have bought my veil there.  They didnt have a single veil under 150 dollars and I just couldn't see spending that much on some netting (with or without beads) 

A friend of mine is getting married a month after me and her FMIL made hers for about 20 bucks.  I dont know if you are the DIY kind of person (I'm definitely not) but if you are then that might be an option as well. 
  • Options
    TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't see any of my beading on my veil in pictures and I say our photog was amazing. Not a single person complimented me on my veil so I say no. Use the money else where that WILL be noticeable. (my veil was $25 then I added the beading for about $10. I took the veil off after the ceremony and just had my hair piece which was $180 and I DID get compliments on that. I totally overpaid for my hair piece, etsy has so many options for amazing prices, that's where I got my veil). And FWIW I was the bride that really thought beading was needed, thought that it helped bring out sparkles on my dress...but ya wasted so much time putting all those beads/crystals on it...
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards