Attire & Accessories Forum

My mini makeup and hair trial. What do you think?

I know I have a ways to go, but I got my hair and makeup done for our engagement photos. I know I want my hair down in curls, but I'm not sure what one I like better. All down or half up. I like down, but I'm worried it's too crazy and poofy, and my forehead is huge, so I'm worried half up looks too slicked to my head.

I also want your opinion on my eyes. Are they too dark? After reading the "what have you lied to a bride about" thread - I'm worried that family and friends won't be honest with my hair and makeup! lol 

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My mini makeup and hair trial. What do you think?

• I like the half up look better. I don't think the eyes are too dark. They look a tad dark in the first picture, but not in the better-lit second picture.
  • i like your hair down. your hair is gorgeous and i love how the loose curls look romantic. when your hair is up you don't really see it as much and it's a more conservative look. i guess it depends on what you want.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_mini-makeup-hair-trial-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:25ff0004-7d02-476d-81bd-cb90e9184d12Post:71122ded-5ad9-4693-b362-6c4fca19dee2">Re: My mini makeup and hair trial. What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i like your hair down. your hair is gorgeous and i love how the loose curls look romantic. when your hair is up you don't really see it as much and it's a more conservative look. i guess it depends on what you want.
    Posted by unplainjane[/QUOTE]

Ditto :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I really like your hair down and I don't think your eyes look too dark at all. Do you normally wear eye makeup? I usually only wear mascara so when I put on even a little bit of eyeshadow I think it looks too dramatic simply because I'm not used to wearing it.
  • For wedding, I like your hair half up and your eyes really don't look dark
  • your eyes look dark in the first pic. i think your hair looks good down very pretty. But if you usually wear your hair in a pony tail the half up would prbably look more like you every day w/ a little pizaz (sp?)
  • eboglerebogler member
    First Comment
    I like your hair down-  but id go a little lighter on your eyes
  • I think your hair looks very pretty both ways. I would just worry about it falling flat if it was all the way down (this is why I'm not sure how I'll wear my hair either). And I'm always putting my hair behind my ears lol.

When I was in my friend's wedding the hairdresser pulled the front section of my hair forward, then did some sort of braid on top of my head to sort of create a bit of a bump, then pulled my hair over it.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like your hair down. Your makeup doesn't look all that dark to me, but it might just be because I usually wear black/dark brown eyeliner anyways.
  • adl734adl734 member
    First Comment
    Hair half up is better because it shows more of your face.  Your face is then the focus rather than your - albeit gorgeous - hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards