Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

PIP: HELP! Am I over-accessorizing?

Hello ladies!

Ok, so I know that I have a tendency to over-accessorize (there was once a time where I would wear 4+ necklaces, 5+ bracelets, a ring on every finger, and an earring in each pierced hole - 11...GEESH!). My dress is GORGEOUS, and it has a lot of really little subtle details on it that I don't want to overshadow with jewelry and whatnot. 

So here's the dress (Silaba by Manuel Mota):

...and here's what I have for accessories so far:
For the ceremony:
www.overstockjeweler.com/imagemagic.php?img=images/566-amy.jpg&w=200&h=200&page=prod_info" alt="Designer Inspired Classic Cushion Cut CZ Sterling Silver Earrings" />
(I got these with a blue topaz center stone to match my aquamarine engagement ring) They're maybe an inch, inch and a half long. (And, for the curious, they're from overstockjeweler.com).

Planning on wearing these with a simple, small pave bracelet. I don't have a picture of that, though, unfortunately.

For the reception (yes, I'm that bride that's going to change into her "party earrings after the ceremony):
These earrings from Tejani. These are kinda big...here's a pic for comparison:
...and this would be paired with a big ol' chunky bangle bracelet covered in all sorts of rhinestones and crystals and pearls.

My shoes are relatively simple, with a Swarovski crystal covered heel (and will be hidden under the dress anyway), and I'm thinking my veil will either be a lace-bordered mantilla style or just a birdcage - although my thoughts are that a birdcage would clash.

HELP! Any thoughts are welcome and - of course - appreciated!!!!

Re: PIP: HELP! Am I over-accessorizing?

• Options
    Sorry everyone! I know I said PIP, but they didn't show - the links work, though!
  • Options
    All the jewelry is beautiful but I'm wondering why you don't just select something to wear for both the ceremony and reception. Why do you want to change it between?
  • Options
    LOVE the first set of earrings, but not so fond of the second set... your dress is so elegant and beautiful and I dont' think the earrings do it justice. I can see that you're trying to go for something more fun for the reception... but I would keep looking for something that is more fun but still matches the dress.
  • Options
    I don't think you're over-accessorizing. I think your night jewelry is going to be beatiful and will really accentuate the "bling" on your dress. I have a very similar dress and I also find myself drawn to the big-antique-ish earrings. Maybe it's just the style of the dress! I actually like the idea of switching out jewelry because I am having trouble picking my own (due to wanting big earrings!) and not being sure if it fits in with the ceremony. So thanks for the idea :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm thinking a big, blingy bangle (How alliterative!) might be a bit much for the dress to handle.  It strikes me as a very sleek dress, despite the ornamentation - I'm not seeing "sleek" in my head when I read your description. 

I also agree with desert*bride re: the second pair of earrings - they don't do the dress justice.  They seem a bit too...sharp.  Angular!  Not sparkly enough.  More sparkle, or a color.

A mantilla veil, though, would be gorgeous and perfect.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I have some thinking to do...
    And as of right now, I'm thinking that the "big blingy bangle" - good description, kreskin, lol - is going the way of the dodo bird. I was all psyched for it initially, but now I'm thinking it might be overkill.
    As for the earrings...I still have some considering to do. I adore both pairs, but I might just nix the second pair for the wedding and rock them for the rehearsal dinner or something. If I want to change earrings at all for the wedding, I think I might actually stick with a drop earring (something smaller and daintier than even the first pair) for the ceremony, and then change to the blue ones for the reception. I don't know!!! Undecided
    I guess we'll have to wait and see...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards