Attire & Accessories Forum

Mini meltdown, under control now

Just thought I'd share, my wedding is less than a week away. My mom is a VERY good seamstress so she was hemming my dress and adding bustle. So yesterday I went over with shoes and body shaper on, and zipped dress up... almost all the way. It wouldn't zip. I wanted to die. I was thinking I am not eating for a week and that dress will zip. Well, when I had it on before I was wearing a corset. This body shaper wasn't as tight. So my mom went today to buy a corset, without me, while I was at work. I went over today with shoes (meltdown on those to follow) and corset and the dress zipped perfectly. Imagine that! So that was solved.

Shoe meltdown:

My dog, I love him, most days, likes bags, and things in bags. My shoes were in a bag. He had gotten them out of the bag last week when I got them. I looked and didn't see anything wrong, then when I went to put the dress on I realized he had chewed the little rubber thing off the heel. You know the black piece. Yep, so those are going to the shoe maker tomorrow to be fixed while we wait. But at the moment with a dress not zipping and a shoe missing a rubber thing, I wanted to die. I went home, cried in the tub, and feel better.

So today was obviously much better than yesterday.

Vacation Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Mini meltdown, under control now

• I'm lucky my dog doesn't chew on anything but her toenails!  But I do keep all my wedding stuff out of her reach.  You never know.
  • Just a lot of stress being so close! It will all be over soon and you'll be super happy on your day. My dog was a chewer for the longest time but I'm lucky enough that she only chews on her nails and toilet paper rolls lol. Congrats!!!! Enjoy these last few moments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards