Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Casablanca Hem Concern

I just ordered a Casablanca 1902 from a shop that doesn't tell who their designers are, but i was able to figure out that i tried on & fell in love with a Casablanca 1902. Anyway, after i ordered a day later I thought & got concerned about the hemline because the dress has lace appliques all around near the bottom of the dress & they did not take a hallow to hem measurement. I called them & they told me that i have nothing to worry about, that the dress comes in a standard size.  I'm 5'3" & concerned that any hem adjustment will require cutting into the lace. She still assured me it will not be a problem.  I feel i have no choice but to wait. Any suggestions out there??? has any petite person had a problem with a casablanca 1902 or lace near the hem?

Re: Casablanca Hem Concern

• Options
    I tried on a lot of Casablanca dresses and I am short as well. For most of the dresses that I tried on, they told me not to worry about the hem beacuse they would actually take it up from the middle of the dress (when I ordered it). Casablanca is a really cool company with the way they will change their dresses and hem them for you so when they come in, you don't have to worry. I'm sure it depends on the type of dress, but if you are worried, I would just call them and ask them what they would do if they had to hem it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    From what I understand they remove the lace appliques, hem the bottom, and re-attach the appliques. I think you should be fine.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_casablanca-hem-concern?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:331f7c6d-c072-4610-bc6b-d9c0bb6fd4a0Post:58f36a0a-adc8-4396-a253-f16829153793">Casablanca Hem Concern</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ordered a Casablanca 1902 from a shop that doesn't tell who their designers are, but i was able to figure out that i tried on & fell in love with a Casablanca 1902. Anyway, after i ordered a day later I thought & got concerned about the hemline because the dress has lace appliques all around near the bottom of the dress & they did not take a hallow to hem measurement. I called them & they told me that i have nothing to worry about, that the dress comes in a standard size.  I'm 5'3" & concerned that any hem adjustment will require cutting into the lace. She still assured me it will not be a problem.  I feel i have no choice but to wait. Any suggestions out there??? has any petite person had a problem with a casablanca 1902 or lace near the hem?
    Posted by rgmz430[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Out of curiosity, is IBEX the store you went to?  I went there, but was very put off that they would not tell me the designer and I felt their service was terrible.  I wanted to try one 1 specific dress, but they couldn't find it in their racks without me first finding the picture in one of their 20 binders!  Plus, they were going to charge to ship the dress from the designer to their store.

</div><div>Sorry to be so off topic, but I really couldn't stand that store.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't have anything to add to your original question.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards