New Hampshire

budget wedding and i need help!

my Fi and i just got engaged about a month ago and were looking to have around 120 people and only on a budget of 5000 or less! hopefully less!  is this possible?!! im starting to get discouraged because everything i find the food alone costs 5000. i live in southern NH and if anyone could help that would be amazing! im willing to look in southern maine as well.Thank you! 

Re: budget wedding and i need help!

• DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Congratulations on your engagement!

It is certainly possible, but will take a lot of dedication, creativity, evaluation of your priorities, and possibly some sacrifices as well.  Sit down and decide what's most important to you - the quality of the food?  The pictures you'll have afterward?  An awesome party?  That will give you a key as to how you should spend the bulk of your budget to get what you want.

As for food...

There are several places around where you can get married and bring in your own food, which has the ability to save you a lot of money.  If you can find or know someone who can cook and serve food incredibly cheap, this can work out well.  If you do it yourself, it is a HUGE responsibility, but is certainly not impossible!

Alternatively, you can also do a cake and punch reception (just cake and drinks, alcoholic or non-) or an hors d'ouerves reception, which can also save money.  These tend to be very short receptions, often with just a quick meet and greet and very little partying.  Guests mingle, say hi, and go home.  If a lot of your guests will be traveling large distances, keep them in mind too; they may not be too happy to have traveled all that way not to be served a full meal.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • I'm getting married at the elks club in Portsmouth. I loved it. It didnt look like a typical elks. It is more modern. Food was around 30 a plate give or take depending on what you choose. They've been great to work with. I think my wedding ended up being around 56. But I could have done it cheeper.
    85image 71image 14image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_budget-wedding-and-i-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:38c874da-32e1-4978-9414-c24a145c0f34Post:dc2b6c34-04e1-4922-a6da-00ec10f7ef5c">budget wedding and i need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my Fi and i just got engaged about a month ago and were looking to have around 120 people and only on a budget of 5000 or less! hopefully less!  is this possible?!! im starting to get discouraged because everything i find the food alone costs 5000. i live in southern NH and if anyone could help that would be amazing! im willing to look in southern maine as well.Thank you! 
    Posted by nicholemariem[/QUOTE]

Have you looked in to the Londonderry Country Club? Great venue and they have 2 caterers they work with, Castle Caterers and someone else, not sure of the name. I think it's a reasonable hall fee and Castle Caterers has excellent food at very good prices. I used them at my wedding, we had it in our backyard though so that saved us a bundle.
  • You could get married and have you reception in a state park. Pavillion rentals are round $400 and the pavillions come with tables. Have you considered a recption breakfast. Catering a breakfast is loads cheaper than catering a dinner. If you have you heart set on dinner you could go for a less expensive option like a BBQ buffet. http://cateringnh.com/ has a bunch of different buffet options in a wide range of prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chicken connection is very inexpensive for catering...but it you can afford $17 bucks pp, id HIGHLY suggest Harts Turkey Farm! Amazing service, punctual, professional, they were giving my guests seconds lol. Everyone bragged about how great the food was!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards