New Hampshire

Cake Help

I am looking to get a cake for November I am 85 days out? I was back and forth. How do I go about getting a cake and any recommdations? Thanks

Re: Cake Help

• Depends on where your wedding will be held.  We got ours from a local bakery called Just Like Mom's Pastries.  There was never any question that we'd get it there, since we love their cakes, pies, etc. but we did do a cake tasting to determine what flavors/fillings we'd use.

If you don't know of any bakeries, I guess you could start with the yellow pages or an online search in the area you'll be getting married.  Then call them up and arrange a tasting.  Be sure they're available for your date. Be sure they fit your budget.
    Anniversary
  • Ditto on Jacques! They did our cake and it was AMAZING! DH and I are so excited that in 5 days we get to eat the top tier! YUM!
    Anniversary
  • I third Jacques. They are located in my hometown and have always been my family's go-to. I didn't look at wedding cakes anywhere else. They are incredibly professional, talented and the cakes are delicious! It's absolutely worth the try to call and see if they can do your date. :)
    Anniversary
  • thanks I will look into them as we are using the castleton and i think they are close enough.. 
  • we are going with sweet cierras in manchester.  she was way cheaper in price, but much more delicious (in our opinions)
  • We are using Jacques. I would just do some tasting till you find one you like.
    85image 71image 14image
  • We are using Chickadee Hill Cakes.  We went for a tasting and they were SOOO professional, and the cake was delisious and the flavor options were endless.  They also work with you for determining the number of tiers and size of the tiers.  To cut costs she even suggested doing a kitchen cake (different than a sheet cake).  We thought they were awesome and very reasonably priced!
  • Definitely Jacques!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are going with Fredricks Pasteries in Amhearst.  We loved the tasting- and they are totally affordable.  I'm getting married at Castleton too, and we decided to do a small cake and go with the complimentary dessert that they have (brownie ice cream sundae).  We'll cut the cake at the reception, searve the brownie dessert and then serve the cake at our after party.

No matter who you go with HAVE FUN!!! The cake tasting was my favorite part! I dragged my fiance to three places lol   =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Chickadee Hill Cakes!  They made my cake and everyone thought it was fake, and everyone commented on how beautiful it was and how delicious!  They are wonderful to work with on top of it all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards