Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! Ribbon headband slips

Okay so I have a tie style ribbon headband for my wedding. I need to know how to keep it from slipping off my head (either forwards or backwards). I have very thick hair that is very smooth and straight so needless to say keeping this on is going to be a chore. My headband is ivory in color and my hair is very dark brown so I don't know about using bobby pins as they would be hidden in my hair but would show on the ribbon. I am wearing my hair half up half down. It was a really expensive piece so I don't want to ruine it by gluing things to it also I would like it to not be permantly attached to something (like a comb) if possible. Any suggestions woudl be very helpful. Thanks.

Re: Help! Ribbon headband slips

• I know you said that you are wearing you hair half-up half-down.  Were you planning on having any sort of bump or poof on the top of your head?  I'm not talking like Snooki bump but some volume.  If so this may help to keep it in place.  Also placing the headband on your head prior to your stylist pulling the sides back (see my sig pic for what I am talking about) may help to keep it in place as well.

I know you don't want to do anything permanet to the headband, but did you consider adding some bits of velcro to underside?  They will help keep the headband in place and could possibly be removed afterwards.

I would also talk to your hairstylist because I am sure they have had to incorporate these headbands before and may have some tricks to keep them in place.

• Consider using hair pins doused in hair spray. This always works for me and I have a similar hair type to yours. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my stylist is using a small amount of that tape that you use to keep your dress up in various spots on the headband. She said it helps to keep the ribbon in place without ruining it either, since its removable
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards