Attire & Accessories Forum

Black Spanx under white dress?

Okay, so I got Spanx-type shorts for under $5 on clearance the other day and wouldn't have passed them up anyway, but I plan on wearing them under my dress. You shouldn't be able to see them right?

My dress is satin with a layer of... something under it. I'm not sure what the lining and my dress is at my grandmother's house, so I can't look. I'll be wearing a slip underneath the dress and a long line bra. I know its probably going to be a wait and see thing, but I'm just asking in your opinion.
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Black Spanx under white dress?

• Try it on and get someone you trust to tell you if they are visible.

If they are, then I would recommend something as close to your skintone as possible.  Keep the black spanx for the next time you wear your favorite LBD:-)
    DSC_9275
  • I wore black under my wedding dress. No one could see them, I would just try it on with the dress to make sure.
  • Until you try it on together in bright light, you won't know.  I wore nude Spanx to avoid any visible undies. 
  • I agree with the other ladies to try it on and have someone tell you if they see anything at all in a bright light.
  • Ditto everyone else that you need to try them together before the wedding day to make sure.

I think you will be fine, though. I wore black bra and underwear and no one could tell.
  • Ditto, you will need to try it in different lighting and make sure it won't show.  You might be fine but it will be worth taking a few minutes to make sure.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I wore black underwear when I went to try on dresses.. .it could be just me, but I swear I can see black through the dress:P  My best suggestion would be nude, whatever matches your skin... it's even better than white.  But I can't say unless I've seen it, so try it on and ask someone else that's brutally honest :P

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Black should be fine if you have lots of layers or the material is thick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards