Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

3 button tux out of style!?

I know that 3 button suits are considered out of style and  have been replaced by two buttons suits . But is it still okay to wear a 3 button tux. My FI picked out his tux a couple of weeks ago and we went with the 3 button because it did not show as much of the vest. Are 3 buttons out of style?
Thanks for you help!

Re: 3 button tux out of style!?

• Options
    FI and I missed the 3-button suit being out of style. That's what he's wearing for the wedding.

Your FI is fine. People won't be counting the buttons on his tux when you're up there saying your vows. Don't stress about it! He'll look good, promise.
  • Options
    I guess we are out of style too, that is what the guys are wearing.  I have never heard this, nor have I EVER noticed how many buttons a tux has at any wedding or other event in my entire life.  If it is what he likes then just get it.
  • Options
    My FI hates the 2-button style, and I agree with is taste. And I'm a fashion major, too-- don't let what's "in style" or "so last year" contradict what you want for your wedding. And sometimes, not everything in style is all that good looking (I'm looking at YOU, neon-coloured plaid shirts. And YOU, too, jeggings!)

Just remember that in a decade when you're looking back at your wedding photos, everything will be out of style. Go with what you like. :)
  • Options
    Men are lucky...as long as it looks good on them it is the right style.  3 buttons is still going strong from what I have seen.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! 3 buttons it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards