Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

jewelry help

I am really struggling with what jewelry to wear with my dress. Here is a picture of the dress: Stella York 5436 Detail Image

Instead of the black sash I'm going to have one with more bling, and I'm going to alter the top a little to make it more of a sweetheart neckline. My hair is going to be in a low updo, and I'm planning on a elbow length veil. I know it looks great on the models when they don't wear a necklace at all with the sweetheart neckline, but I just don't know if that would look good on me. I feel like dainty jewelry just makes me look bigger, maybe I'm crazy (I'm not big, just not a 0). I keep on looking at something like this:
 Pearl Wedding Necklace, Rhinestone Bridal Jewelry, Vintage Statement Brooch Necklace  -  The Edlyn
but I'm really bad at picturing things together in my head. Will that look too big? Should I just go with no necklace and do something like the earrings in that picture? Or maybe just the pearls? Would pearls look weird if I had a rhinestone sash? This should not be stressing me out this much!
 Pearl Necklace, Bib Necklace, Freshwater Pearl, Stranded Necklace, Wedding Jewelry, Bridal Jewelry

Re: jewelry help

• Options
    I don't even think you need a necklace, if you are having a sash with some bling on it. I think earrings would be all you need, it looks beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful dress, and i feel you on the stress of jewellry! If only you could buy and then return whichever ones don't work! 

I love the first necklace and think it would look amazing with your dress silhouette. Ask your salon if they will let you come back and try some different options with your dress, I think thats the only way to put the decision to rest. 

• Options

I think that's a great idea, I don't know why taking jewelry to the fitting wasn't really on my mind. I knew to take shoes but didn't really think any farther than that. I purchased my dress from a salon about three hours from my house so I'll have to wait until it comes in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards