Attire & Accessories Forum

La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"

I posted this about three days ago but TK seems to have had a problem and I cannot get back into it to see what anyone said.... I tried on dresses at all of the stores in my area on Monday. I had 5 maybes then brought it down to 2, and then that night I was on the La Sposa website and found another style that I seemed to like more than the other. I'm looking to see if the store would get a sample in for me to try. So, what I'm basically looking for its opinions on what would look best with our style and if anyone chose one if theses dresses for their own wedding our chose not to have one of them, I'm looking for why they did our didn't. I'll be honest, I think I know exactly which one I'm going to go with, and I'm almost positive that I won't be changing my mind, but the wedding is over a year away (may 18, 2013) so I may find another dress before then that I like more anyway. Just looking for a fun conversation and see what people have to say. Thanks ahead of time! Our ceremony is going to be outdoors in the woods on a small peninsula on the lake, and the reception will be in the lakeside lodge that has an all wood interior (www.scenicviewpa.com) Theme is Rustic Spring, decorating tables with slabs of woods covered in moss, different sizes styles and colors and rusty watering cans with flowers in the cans. Mason jars with flossing candles and "love nest" birdhouses with moss on them. Bridesmaid dresses will be Alfred Angelo 7017s ( http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/styles/7017s) in Pistachio with a Burnt Orange sash. These are the dresses: Alfred Angelo 2020 (got a lot of compliments with this dress at the store, I like the layers of the gown and I like that I can color the sash) http://www.alfredangelo.com/collections/productdisplay.aspx?productID=c205ca16-74f6-459d-84c5-899f515bb3e5&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=0&colorId1= La Sposa "Darling" (I feel like i've never seen a dress like this before, making it unique, it looks rustic I like the idea of the strips of lace on the gown) http://www.lasposa.info/fotos-vestidos-novias/darling2012.html La Sposa "Sidney" (this its the one of the two La Sposa gowns that I liked the most, I like that the lace rings are wider and the lace around the top of the gown) http://www.lasposa.info/foto-abito-sposa/sidney2012.html
May 2013 August Siggy: Hair Inspiration

Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"

• Sorry for any and all typos, I'm using my cellphone to post.
  • My personal favorite from just seeing them on the websites is La Sposa Darling.  But it is hard to say because we aren't seeing them on you...that may change my mind as to which looks best on you.

As for choosing your dress.  If you already are in love with one of them don't let us change your mind.  Like I said, we aren't seeing them on you only on the gaunt models.  All the dresses are pretty but you need to go with the one you love.  Also, even though your wedding is awhile away, if you do choose a dress you must STOP LOOKING IMMEDIATELY.  There is always another dress out there that may catch your eye, but you can only wear one.  This is a horrible analogy but a wedding dress is like your FI, there are millions of choices that you may like but only one that you love.

• I wish I could have taken a picture of them on me but they do not allow pictures at the store. =( Thank you for your input, I don't plan on letting anyone change my mind. My MOH doesn't like my choice and keeps trying to talk nee our of it but I'm staying strong. My mother's favorite is also the one I picked. I'm just looking to see what people think with it all put together.
  • I should add that my maid of honor hasn't seen the dress on me yet, only the same pictures you have seen. My mother has seen it on me.
  • Well boo on your MOH.  I am always under the understanding that if the bride loves her dress and you don't then you just need to keep your mouth shut because you aren't the one wearing it :)

Also, I am now very interested in the one you have picked.

• edited February 2012
    I like the AA one of the first la sposa best.
    Your MOH isn't the one wearing the dress, so if she doesn't like it and you do, no issue there.

It is a bit early and if you do buy one STOP LOOKING!

Congrats!
  • I had chosen the La Sposa "Darling". I then later found the "Sidney" and liked it more. I just got my email back from the store and it is $400 out of my price range (which I find interesting as they look nearly identical) including that they charge $200 just to bring the sample into the store. So I'm going to see if I can find a store out near Pittsburgh that carries it and see if they have it cheaper and try it on..
  • I like Darling the best.  When I was trying on dresses, I liked SO many of them, I was surprised.  It wasn't until I looked at myself in pics that I decided.  As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew which dress was "it".  It really helps to see yourself wearing the dresses on 'film', I don't understand why the bridal salons don't let you take pictures.  The places that didn't let me take pics actually lost my business because I forgot what their dresses looked like!  Maybe find another place that carries the dresses and lets you take pics.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_la-sposa-sidney-darling-or-alfred-angelo-2020?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:44ca5ef3-f7d8-48a7-9fbc-2291768e4c96Post:fc961483-f190-4577-80a4-86876c8403c5">Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Darling the best.  When I was trying on dresses, I liked SO many of them, I was surprised.  It wasn't until I looked at myself in pics that I decided.  As soon as I saw the pictures, I knew which dress was "it".  It really helps to see yourself wearing the dresses on 'film', I<strong> don't understand why the bridal salons don't let you take pictures</strong>.  The places that didn't let me take pics actually lost my business because I forgot what their dresses looked like!  Maybe find another place that carries the dresses and lets you take pics.
    Posted by ljsquintz[/QUOTE]

Most salons won't let you take pictures until you purchase.  This helps to protect the designers dress designs because some people will try on dresses, take pictures and then take those pictures to a seamstress or dress maker to have a knock-off made at a lower price.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_la-sposa-sidney-darling-or-alfred-angelo-2020?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:44ca5ef3-f7d8-48a7-9fbc-2291768e4c96Post:b25d1492-9d3c-4a68-8cd6-89eb7b9ca567">Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020" : Most salons won't let you take pictures until you purchase.  This helps to protect the designers dress designs because some people will try on dresses, take pictures and then <b> take those pictures to a seamstress or dress maker to have a knock-off made at a lower price.</b>
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm not even smart enough to come up with an idea like that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_la-sposa-sidney-darling-or-alfred-angelo-2020?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:44ca5ef3-f7d8-48a7-9fbc-2291768e4c96Post:ba8e0625-d392-4eca-926a-084be264eda3">Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020" : Wow, I'm not even smart enough to come up with an idea like that!
    Posted by Wynter010Beauty[/QUOTE]

I saw it on an episode of Say Yes to the Dress.  I would not have the balls to do that...I would rather just spend money on the dress that I love then try to have it recreated by someone else.  I am just too lazy for all of that LOL!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_la-sposa-sidney-darling-or-alfred-angelo-2020?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:44ca5ef3-f7d8-48a7-9fbc-2291768e4c96Post:b25d1492-9d3c-4a68-8cd6-89eb7b9ca567">Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: La Sposa "Sidney", "Darling" or Alfred Angelo "2020" : Most salons won't let you take pictures until you purchase.  This helps to protect the designers dress designs because <strong>some people will try on dresses, take pictures and then take those pictures to a seamstress or dress maker to have a knock-off made at a lower price.</strong>
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
    I know that is why they don't let you do it in theory.  But in reality, these dresses are all over the internet, so you can just get the picture of the dress off the internet and have it made wherever.  You don't need a real life picture to get a knock off made.
    Anniversary
  • You definitely have a particular style that you like.  That is good.  But please WAIT before purchasing...and this is why:

When you shop and purchase your dress...you're done...the experience is over...and you still have a long time until your wedding. 

Don't let the salespeople scare you into purchasing right away because "the style might become discontinued if you wait" or some such dribble.  Just a tactic to get you to buy then and there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards