New Hampshire

Vendor Reviews

Here are my wedding reviews that I'm going to leave on Yelp, Wedding Wire, etc. 

Perhaps some of them will be helpful to you!

Castleton

Since the moment we booked Castleton after attending a bridal show there, we knew we made the right choice.  Dawn was always there to explain the wedding process, answer any question no matter how silly you think it is, and even add on a last minute gluten free meal.  We felt that right away our wedding was going to be a success, and we were right. 

Dawn and Stephanie are wonderful, you couldn’t ask for better people to work with on your wedding day.  Stephanie went above and beyond to make sure the day was a success. They coordinate everything so perfectly that everything ran smoothly.  The food was wonderful, the location beautiful, and we are still getting great feedback from our guests.  Castleton also offers great “off season” packages, and recently did some beautiful renovating. I would highly recommend Castleton if you are looking for perfection on your wedding day!

Black Water Grill – Rehearsal Dinner

The food at Black Water Grill is absolutely excellent, as well as the drinks. The function coordinator, Tiffany, was also our bartender for the day and basically let everything run on our own schedule.  A few days before our rehearsal dinner Tiffany called me to let us know that they were upgrading us to the private function room for free, even though we technically didn’t meet the number of people to do so. I would recommend the Black Water Grill to anyone; they really take care of their customers.

Photography – Altared Visions Studios

I don’t even know where to begin on describing how wonderful Atlared Visions Studios are as photographers. They are a cut above the rest.  In working with Pam and James, you can immediately tell they have a fierce passion for their craft, as it is clearly shown in their pictures. They will work with you to make you feel completely comfortable and confident during the photo shoot.

While we were planning the wedding, Pam provided us with information about doing a “First Look”, and AVS keeps a blog with tons of handy tips on how to look the best for your pictures. On our wedding day we felt like we were able to relax around Pam and James and just be ourselves, which was very important to us. During the wedding reception they actually set up a slide show of pictures they had taken before the ceremony so we (and our guests) could already have a sneak peak of their talent!

If you are looking for photographers with not only talent, but a true love for what they do, then you should contact them right away!

Videography – Curtis Weddings/Rebecca Curtis

What drew us to Rebecca Curtis was how down to earth she was, and how many customizable packages she has for your wedding day. We had originally not planned on having a videographer because it wasn’t in our budget, and then we heard about Rebecca. She helped capture our day with a package that we could afford. Not even a week after our wedding she had an edited highlight clip online for us to view, and as a self proclaimed amateur, Rebecca surely exhibits the talent of a professional.  We would have regretted not having a video of our wedding, so if you are a budget bride/groom on the fence, please contact Curtis Weddings!

DJ/Ceremony Music – Tom Bruhl

Tom truly is a one man band, and a true talent…a rare gem in the wedding DJ business. When we first met with Tom at his home to pick out the music, we were thrilled and immediately relieved that we made the right choice. He will learn songs for you, plays several instruments during cocktail hour and dinner, and will pick the perfect late night sing-a-long that will bring down the house. As the wedding was drawing to a close the last thing we heard from our guest was them chanting, “ONE MORE SONG, ONE MORE SONG…”  We are still hearing from our guests, and heard several times during the wedding, how incredible Tom was as a musician and a DJ. Tom is a great emcee as well, and will make your wedding day flow with perfection.  When I was researching wedding DJ’s, it caught my attention that Tom gets glowing reviews from all his clients. There is a reason for that: Tom is perfect!! Thanks Tom!

Flowers – Lyndsey Loring Designs

When I met with Lyndsey at her studio I could tell right away that she had a love for her work.  She is so friendly, and will show several albums and examples and will walk you through all the steps to decide what flowers and decorations you need for your wedding day. The finished product is breathtaking…above and beyond everything I had anticipated, and was able to work within our budget. Some flowers from our centerpieces are still, a week later, very much alive and beautiful on our kitchen table.  We were so happy we chose Lyndsey as our florist!

Cake – Jacques Fine European Pastries

Amazing. They have so many cake flavors and filling combinations to choose from, and they are all incredibly tasty. We went with an Espresso cake with Bailey’s Irish Crème filling, and it did not disappoint. Our guest loved it, as well as ourselves! It was so moist and the frosting was perfection. They designed us a beautiful three tier cake with fresh flowers for us to cut, and sheet cakes to be cut in the kitchen, which worked great for our budget.  We highly recommend Jacques for any occasion!

Hotel Accommodations - Holiday Inn – Salem, NH

We stayed here the weekend of our wedding, and were so pleased with the accommodations. We were able to book a discounted rate for our guests, and Sue LaVallee was a doll to work with.  Our guests loved the pool and hot tub, the Margarita’s restaurant, and the fact that it was so easy to find off the highway. The hotel is clean and the staff is so friendly.  We will most certainly stay here again in the future.

Alterations – Fay Carraher

My first impression of Fay was how kind and friendly she was, and how extremely knowledgeable she was about wedding dresses. There is no doubt at all when meeting her that she will help make your dress fit you like a glove. I had my dress hemmed, the bust line taken in, and an 8 point French bustle. She also fixed the back hook at the top of the zipper for no charge!

During my second fitting one of my bridesmaids brought her dress to try on, found that was too small, and Fay took it out with only 20 days left until the wedding. During the wedding, the dress bustle looked beautiful and held up wonderfully.   Every time I met with Fay I left with a smile on my face. She is highly recommend, so much so that she books up fast! I feel blessed to have worked with her, and I would also highly recommend her to anyone needing any sort of alterations!

Photobucket

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited April 2012
    Forgot one:

Photo booth – Main Event Entertainment

We used Main Event for a Photo booth at our wedding and it was a huge hit! The photo booth attendants were so friendly and accommodating, even when our guests got wild and caught up in the fun! They have tons of props, a choice of black and white or color photos, and the booth can fit lots of people in it. We were presented with a guest book of all the pictures taken, with comments and well wishes from our guests, and our guests each got a photo strip as well. They also give you a thumb drive with all the pictures. I highly recommend Main Event for your photo booth...we've been to weddings with photo booths before, and Main Event has the best!!
    Photobucket
  • Congrats on your wonderful day.  I couldn't agree more with you about Dawn and Stephanie at Castleton.  We had such a great experience with them.  Also, Main Event's photo booth is definitely the best
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards