Attire & Accessories Forum

I think I've pulled my color scheme together..advise!

July 2011 wedding :)

Bridesmaids:Tea length dresses in Navy Blue, Gold Shoes.
Bridesmaids' Bouquets: Roses, Hydrangeas and Orchids in Yellow.

Flower Girl: White Dress, Navy Blue Sash and Navy Blue bow in her hair.
Flowers: A wicker basket with yellow roses

Me :): White roses, orchids, and gardenia with a few yellow roses and orchids scattered in.

(Handsome) Groom: Black tux, white vest and tie. White rose boutonnière.
Groomsmen: Black tux, black vest and tie. Yellow rose boutonnière.
Ring Bearer: Black tux, black bow tie. Yellow rose boutonnière. 

Reception centerpieces (haven't discussed with florist yet): Probably white tablecloths, with a table runner, then yellow centerpieces and votive candles. But I also LOVE the blue glass vases from Ikea... Ideas help please?!

It is FI approved, and I love it of course, just want to make sure it sounds sensible/will look okay. 

Re: I think I've pulled my color scheme together..advise!

• What about putting the grooms men in navy vests and ties? This way they would match your girls.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Or yellow vests or yellow ties?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • I don't like the yellow- from what I've seen on groomsmen with yellow vests/ties, I always thought "prom." 
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_think-ive-pulled-color-scheme-togetheradvise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:4971614a-ab76-4780-aedb-ed4638ac8b15Post:4d0cd0cb-116c-4eb2-8659-ad304271f799">Re: I think I've pulled my color scheme together..advise!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like the yellow- from what I've seen on groomsmen with yellow vests/ties, I always thought "prom." 
    Posted by open0rclosed[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think.  I really don't like the colored ties/vests.  Very prom-y.  I think what you have is fine! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Why not keep the black vest for the GM, but maybe a navy patterned tie? It could be navy and yellow striped, or maybe just navy and black?

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• agreed with the colored vest looking promish.... also, i don't think i like the idea of gold shoes thrown in there... seems like they would clash. A yellow pump would be pretty though! Pull a little bit of a preppy/ trendy vibe in.

~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • What about Navy vests and ties for your GM and just keep the yellow roses. That way the guys and girls match. Then it won't look too promy but you could still have the navy included!

Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards