Attire & Accessories Forum

Post-Off Contest: What Does Your Wedding Dress Look Like?

We’re having a post-off contest on this board from now until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 3.

To enter, post your responses below to the following question: What does your wedding dress look like? (
Pics of your wedding dress are welcome but not necessary to enter.)

We’ll pick 5 winners at random from the replies and send you a copy of the book Running of the Bride by Rachel Eddey, a hilarious read for any bride-to-be. We enjoyed the book so much, cofounder and editor in chief of The Knot Carley Roney wrote this review:

"We all know wedding planning rarely goes perfectly or smoothly and Rachel Eddey's hilarious account of her own nuptials includes quite a few mishaps (and page turners!). I couldn't put down this heartfelt story of learning how to have it all because, at the end of the wedding, we all need our happy ending and I couldn't wait to find out how Rachel got hers."

You do not need to include any personal information in your reply. Just reply below and we will contact the winners privately via the email they used to login to the site. Entries that do not answer the question will not be considered.

To read the official rules, click here

Re: Post-Off Contest: What Does Your Wedding Dress Look Like?

• DaVinci's Bridal- Romantic and light but not too fussy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • A-line, not sure of designer since I found it in the discontinued back room of a dress shop, white dress with silver outlined flowers and leaves embroidered in dress color clustered mainly around the bodice and thinning out around the waist, and the flowers have lavendar accents. I've never seen anything like it! :)  Planning on putting in a corset style back and maybe altering the neckline to a sweetheart if it's possible :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

•  
    My gown is Kendra by Maggie Sottero.  It's perfect because my FI picked it out and bought it for my all on his own.  I could never imagine walking down the aisle towards him in any other gown...
  • Michelle Roth Maya, A vintage inspired polka dot dress made of organza for my fun/laid back vegas wedding.  I knew it was the dress before I had it on!  Wish I could wear it again :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dress:  Venus Bridals Pallas Athena 9987.  Can't wait for it to come in! :)

• V-neck, drop waist, slightly fuller skirt, and I'm shortening it to tea-length! Gonna be amazing with my adorbs yellow Vera Wang flats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is a strapless white chiffon by Maggie Sottero, from the destinations collection. I could not find exactly what I was looking for, but I found one that was close enough that alterations could make changes to make it perfect!!
  • This dress is everything I didn't know I wanted and more. I am more than excited to walk down the aisle and show it off and show how beautiful I feel in it.
  • My dress was a strapless ivory gown. It was simple, yet elegant with a silver belt on the waist and with a long train.
  • http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3500

It's abosultely gorgeous and I cannot wait to wear it!
  • Mine is the Casablanca 2005: a strapless sweatheart neckline, with a floral applique bodice and an a-line skirt with the matching floral applique on the bottom. I got mine in Ivory/Champagne. Love it! The first time I put it on, it made me cry...
  • Mine is Maggie Sottero Chardonnay. Everything I ever wanted in my wedding dress!
  • mine is by maggie sottero. it is called priscilla
    (see here: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1452&page=1&pageSize=36&keywordText=&keywordType=All)

it has a beautifulbustled  satin bottom and amazing bead work up top

it is definitly a "WOW" dress!
  • Alfred Angelo 1136Satin with Crystal Beading,
    Sequins & Rhinestones
    Semi-Cathedral Train
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just picked out the Jim Hjelm 8663 dress.  I wanted lace with straps and this one matched what I was looking for perfectly.  ( http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm/Bridal/Additional/Style-8663)
  • My wedding dress is a total dream: ivory on gold.  Raised flowers on satin.  It's everything I wanted and more!
  • As a small chested girl, I knew I wouldn’t feel comfortable in a strapless dress or even a dress if we added straps. My dress is amazing, it was the first one I tried on and none of the others could compare. It is an v-neck, allover beaded lace gown with trumpet skirt. The photo doesn’t do the gown justice, because I ordered it in the champagne satin with ivory lace which gives it this romantic/ vintage feel. My mom loves it and looks at the picture on her camera phone every few days. The alterations department is adding a  French bustle and since it has a low v-back we are adding ivory fabric covered buttons to go down my butt and meet the bustle. I love it!

Anniversary

• I saw the dress online and I knew it was the one! When I tried it on I just felt so pretty. I've always wanted a halter and I love the lace and beading. I'm also getting it altered to have a corset in the back. I can't wait to wear it :) 9/22/12 <3

• I think my dress is romatic, vintage-y, and very classic. I'm also getting a jacket made so my dress will be modest while still being beautiful. 
  • After finding out the dress I loved was not being made anymore I began my search for anything that looked like it. So I went looking for a few months and after putting on many (30) beautiful gowns I felt like I was never going to find the right one. One day after work I decided to stop at a local bridal salon and the owner helped me pull a few. The dresses where everything and more I could have asked for but still no feeling like oh this is my dress. Then I put on one I felt like this one is not what I want but ill try it, and then there I was in a dress that I thought wow this is nice but I really wanted a sweetheart neck line. the owner said that what this dress needs. She pinned it down and there it was, my dress, the one I was looking for and I found it by myself on a whim after work. so after all that looking and thinking I knew what I wanted it was the one I didnt like on a hanger. My advice is to Never judge the dress before you put it on. You never know what looks good on you!

• I also got a Maggie Sottero Dress.
    Being a fairly practical person I had prepared myself for the fact that I may not find a dress that moved me to tears or anything like that. But it was the second dress I put on and as soon as I stood in front of the mirror I instantly pictured what I was going to look like dancing in it and I had a tough time not tearing up! I can't imagine wearing any other dress now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dress is beautiful!  Her name is Daria, thank you WToo!  I consider her a southern style dress.  It has a sweetheart neckline and three brooches at the waist that can be taken off according to your style.  The skirt part of it is a bell gown.  It has beaded/sequence ruched tulle strips that go all the way around the skirt.  The strips are smaller in width at the top, and gradually get larger at the bottom.  I knew it was the dress for me when I put it on, dimmed the lights, and it just sparkled!  The way the lighting hit the incandescent sequence just made it look like my dress was sparkling…. Just like Cinderella’s.    It had a draped bodice in the back and a puddle train!

• My dress is ivory satin with a lace top, key hole back with beading on the lace top. It has a small train. I think its a very romantic looking dress and I absolutely love it!

• Alfred Angelo 1152
    I tried on many many dresses before I found the one. I actually went in to try on a differnt dress when my consultant brought out a dress similar to one I liked at a differnt store. This one was much lighter and the beautiful train won me over. It's perfect for our Vegas wedding. My dress is strapless with a chapel train in taffeta with lace and metallic accents, crystal beading and sequins.
  • Mine is a Maggie Sottero. I wish I knew which one! Ivory satin with pearls on the top and lace down that front. It was on Bravo Bride and it was originally 1200 dollars! I paid 400 for it and it is perfect! It was never worn nor had it been altered! I love it and can hardly wait to wear it!
  • This is my dress except the straps will be off the shoulders and there will be buttons down the back. No veil, with above elbow gloves!:

DIStickers.com Ticker
  • That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • my dress is a FABULOUS Maggie Sottero..named Victoriana, My dress is taffeta with a fitted dropped bodice that is covered in beads/pearls and jewels. The skirt is a full ballgown with sight pickups thru out the front and french bustle in the back. The back also has a corset tie.
    I love my dress because i feel BEAUTIFUL in it... and it fots perfectly into our theme: victorian xmas!!! Here is a stock pic of the beauty!!!! 

blog post photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    I will be wearing an ABS dress from Saks Fifth Avenue for my wedding in South Lake Tahoe this summer to marry the Sailor of my dreams. I can't wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards