Attire & Accessories Forum

dress dilemma!! help

I found the perfect dress but there is one small issue.. I think it makes my breasts look like they are on full display. I'm 5ft 2, 125 pounds and natural size 32 triple d. The dress I found has a sweetheart neckline and mermaid style. I tried on one size and it fit for the most part, only the small of my back area would need to be taken in. I'm considering getting a size up so that it can be altered to my body. While the other one fit my chest for the most part, I think if I get a bigger size it won't be as fitted.

Should I get the size I tried on or go bigger. Not sure what to do.

thanks for reading!

Re: dress dilemma!! help

• Always order to fit your biggest measurement. In this case, order to fit your boobs. A seamstress or your salons alterations department will make the rest of the dress fit perfectly during the alterations. Or you can order your size and order the cups/top of the dress to be made opened/up a size, but they'll charge you for a pattern change and you'll still most likely need some alterations at some point. I'd suggest you order up then have them take in the dress where needed. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-dilemma-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:4b51b2e8-3095-41fe-9aaa-76ef2a29db30Post:0e457cc5-13bf-4624-803b-8376fcd72a9f">dress dilemma!! help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the perfect dress but there is one small issue.. I think it makes my breasts look like they are on full display. I'm 5ft 2, 125 pounds and natural size 32 triple d. The dress I found has a sweetheart neckline and mermaid style. I tried on one size and it fit for the most part, only the small of my back area would need to be taken in. I'm considering getting a size up so that it can be altered to my body. While the other one fit my chest for the most part, I think if I get a bigger size it won't be as fitted. Should I get the size I tried on or go bigger. Not sure what to do. thanks for reading!
    Posted by mvaladez85[/QUOTE]

I responded to you on the chit chat board. 

P.S. - when you post the same thing on multiple boards, it's nice and helpful to put (XP to ____ board) in the headline.
  • Definitely get the right size for your boobs. They will be able to take it in. I ordered my gown in the next size up and then had it taken in. It was really fitted and almost too tight, but they explained that it would give and it did. It's easier to take in than let out.
  • Order for the largest part of your body.  Fabric can be subtracted FAR more easily than it can be added.

I had to do the same thing.  They had to alter my dress by 5 sizes.... except for the bust :P.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• tried on both dresses first and ask the opinion of the  staff in the shop as they should be more experience in deciding which dress is better, remember to ask if the alteration can be made. also you can try to wear a different bra to see if it works, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards