New Hampshire

XP: Got my dress! Pictures & question

I purchased my dress on Tuesday!  I am so excited.  It is exactly the dress I first started looking for when I originally started out - over time I thought my tastes had changed, and I started looking for different styles, but I totally came back to this once I was trying dresses on.

I found this dress at the first store we went to on Monday.  I did tear up a little bit, but I was a little apprehensive because when I come across something that I love and really really want, I obsess over it.  I thought about it all Monday evening!

On Tuesday we went to the second appointment, and I described this dress to the consultant as we were walking down to the bridal floor.  I was kind of hoping to find something to top it, but discovered they had the exact same dress - and for less money!  I only found one dress to rival it, but it had a tulle skirt, which I'm really not a fan of - and when she asked me what I would change about it, everything I described was this dress!

Pictures are here <- clicky!

I just have one question though.  When I look at the pictures, I love this dress.  But when I'm not staring at it, I'm starting to have doubts.  Is this normal?  I'm starting to freak out over the fact that I'm doubting the dress, and I feel guilty about asking the salon I didn't purchase at if I can try it on again (it's much, much closer than the one I purchased from).  I think the main reason I'm doubting is because I'm sad the fun is over, and I can't show FI the pictures for affirmation.

Does anyone have any advice for this?
Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI

Re: XP: Got my dress! Pictures &amp;amp; question

• edited December 2011
    It is beautiful!!!  I see you were at Marry and Tux haha :)  I went there as one of my stops.  I have also had slight panic a couple of times since buying my dress.  I then look at the pictures and i feel better.  I think it is normal to wonder what if there were something better.  It is also hard to wait for the dress to come in. 
    ~~Sabrina~~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's absolutely beautiful! The details are gorgeous and I love your website-the dress definitely looks like something an elegant princess would wear (but not in that "poofy over-the-top princessy way!). I love the beading. I got my dress a few weeks ago and Im so bummed I cant try it on again for a while-so I think that's normal. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It is just stunning! You look amazing! The detail on the top and the beading is just breathtaking!

I think it is definitely a sign that it is the dress since you keep coming back to it.

I got my dress at Marry and Tux too...they were great!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love it and you look great in it! I worry the same thing until the pictures are in front of me. I think it's normal. I think unless you look at the pictures and have doubts, it's not a problem. It's a big decision and for indecisive people (like myself & possibly you?) it's hard to go with your gut feeling when there are so many options out there.

Just stop looking is my only suggestion- though I'm sure you've heard it a million times. You clearly love the dress and just look at the pictures whenever you need re-assurance.

P.S- This just made me look at my pictures again lol
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies!  I do feel a lot better now.  I personally don't care if FI sees the dress, but he really really doesn't want to, so not having that affirmation was hard.  But, he told me I'm allowed to describe the dress, and from my descriptions he said it was exactly what he had been picturing.

msowena, I AM an incredibly in decisive person!  I do think that's playing a part in it, the fact that I had to just suck it up and say "yes" without hemming and hawing over it for ages!
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a beautiful dress! 
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • jdiluvujdiluvu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a beautiful dress and you really look great in the dress. I think you know yourself well and being indecisive about the dress after the fact is OK. I can't make a decision too, one way I deal with it around our wedding decisions is that in the end I really only care that my FI are married. It alleviates all the stress. Just go with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's very elegant!  I think you made a wonderful choice!
  • edited December 2011
    Love the dress!! You look gorgeous! I too had second thoughts after I bought my dress and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one!
  • edited December 2011

You look beautiful.  It will fit your wedding perfectly!

• edited December 2011
    hey, I know that dress shop! ;)   What a beautiful dress on you!

A similar thing happened with me.  I am NOT a good decision maker- it typically takes me forever to make even a simple decision, and then I usually agonize over whether or not I made the right choice.  My dress was no different. I LOVED it on, but then I worried and worried and worried until it came in that it wasn't the right one.  When it came, I loved it just like I had before, and love it more each time I try it on! Don't worry, at least for me, it ended up ok! 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I was doing that same thing, I think it's normal.  After leaving the store, I kept questioning it probably  because I  felt like I found the dress to fast. It sounds silly, but I was expecting to visit every bridal place in Southern NH in search of the perfect dress.  But my reservations about it went away everytime I saw a picture of it, I just melted. 
    You're dress is amazing, and you already said it is everything you are looking for. Now it's the hard part, you have to train your brain to stop looking and second guessing. Instead remind yourself what it felt like to have it on, those wow feelings.
    Good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    So pretty!  Love it!
    And like the other said, once you buy, you have to stop torturing yourself and looking at other things.  I know it's hard and so tempting, but just go back and look at a picture of the dress you bought to reassure yourself.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!

I do certainly know better than to torture myself, I put a strict ban on searching for dresses when I started shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards