Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Buying second wedding band?

My wonderful fiance bought be a beautiful engagement ring and wedding band from Kay's. I absolutely love my ring and cannot wait to waer the wedding band with it. It wasn't until a co-worker of mine suggested adding a second band that I really started to think about it. The jeweler is able to get the band without the engagment ring (it is a set) and the cost is fairly minimal. I couldn't ask him to pay for it as I am so appreciative of what he's given me.

1) Do you think it's overboard with two bands (one below my engagement ring and one above)?
2) Is it tacky if I paid for it?

Wedding Website

image 202 Invited
image 64 are ready to party! image 4 are missing out image134 are taking their time
RSVP Date: August 6

Re: Buying second wedding band?

• Options
    I absolutely don't think it would be tacky to pay for it yourself. I think it looks lovely as is and doesn't need anything else, but if you want the extra band, go for it.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I talked to him - that was the first thing as I would never think about it if he wasn't comfortable - he saved quite a bit for my dream ring and the last thing I would want him to think is that it's not 'good' enough. It's quite the opposite, it's so beautiful I can't help but want to add to it's beauty!

I love the idea of saving it for an anniversary...thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Website

image 202 Invited
    image 64 are ready to party! image 4 are missing out image134 are taking their time
    RSVP Date: August 6
  • Options
    I've told my DH that I would like a second band sometime down the road.  I think he plans to give it to me as an anniversary gift.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Many women who want a 2nd band hold out for it as an anniversary gift. Makes it an easy shopping trip for DH and it is a beautiful way to add to your wedding set.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    People often add another band on the other side to balance out the look.  It's commonly done for an anniversary.
  • Options
    If you like it, go for it! And it's not tacky at all to pay for it yourself. FI and I created a wedding account that we both contributed equally to to pay for the wedding. Our wedding bands came out of that budget, so I paid half of mine.
  • Options
    I'm getting two wedding bands to surround my engagement ring. My FI is just going to put them both on me during the ceremony. I love the look of it, and since they're slim and "stackable," I can add rings on top of that if we want to later (we're thinking birthstone bands for each of our children).
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I like the idea.

I like the idea of waiting until an anniversary to make it more special, but I think you might have problems finding that exact ring in a couple of years, KWIM?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PP, I don't think it's tacky for you to pay for a second band if you want one and it won't hurt your FI's feelings.  My FI bought two eternity bands to go with my engagement ring.  He said he liked the look better, with one on each side.  It was supposed to be a surprise, but I saw the second band when we had them appraised for insurance purposes.  He's giving both to me at the ceremony.
  • Options
    I will have two wedding bands, but mine are the thin 'stackable' type because I have pretty small fingers, I couldn't pull off two bands that were any bigger.  But I really love the look of it in general so if you want one, I don't think there is anything wrong with buying it yourself.  However, I do like the idea of getting it for your anniversary too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_buying-second-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:4efaaca1-2c3c-4fa4-8284-562542578429Post:2b511338-1850-4b63-ab9a-4b7ebaeed1cd">Re: Buying second wedding band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you talked to your FI about wanting a second band right now?  As long as he's OK with it, I don't think it's tacky if you pay for it if it's something you really want.  I would just run it by him first to be sure it doesn't hurt his feelings that you want more bling than he bought you.  If it were me, I'd hold off for now and get a second band to celebrate an anniversary down the road.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This.
  • Options
    Ask for second band as anniversary gift :)
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards