Attire & Accessories Forum

Jewellery to go with an one-shoulder dress

What kind of jewellery would go with a one-shoulder dress? Do you think chandelier earrings, and skip on a necklace or what?
Also, what kind of coverage is there for such a dress? A wrap wouldn't go, neither would a bolero ... I want to be covered up a bit in church, any ideas?

Re: Jewellery to go with an one-shoulder dress

• Could you post a photo of the dress? The cleavage issue depends quite a lot upon your bra cup size, and, also, the height of the neckline on the dress.

As far as jewelry goes, I think chandelier earrings and a bracelet would be lovely with a one-shouldered gown. Personally, I'm not a big fan of necklaces with one-shouldered garments.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • i agree w/ your idea...dangle-y earrings and no necklace.  i'd also wear a bracelet

i think you could wear a bolero or a cardigan...its ok if you look asymmetrical underneath - thats the whole point of the one-shoulder style dress.  ya know?  unless you can find one that you can close in the front, then no one will be able to see what you've got going on under there.

• I agree.  A one-strap dress is very dramatic and does not need a necklace, and a bracelet and chandelier earrings would be so lovely.  How will you wear your hair??
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • What you're planning sounds perfect!  Definitely skip the necklace :)
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I agree with PP. Skip the necklace.  But I would like to see what dress you have picked!!
  • I agree with PP about no necklace, and I think dangly earrings would be fab!  Especially if you wear your hair up.  I think it would really showcase the neckline and whatever earrings you choose (if you choose earrings).
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Thanks for all the replies! I'd go for what I planned, but the dilemma would be what material should the earrings and bracelet be ... should it be crystals, pearls or what?

I picked "Cecilia" dress from San Patrick, but I haven't purchased it yet :(

I was planning to wear my hair up ...

I still can't grasp the whole idea of a bolero or cardigan ... it'd ruin the whole idea, and it won't fit snuggly because of the floral applique on the shoulder ... Any more bright ideas?

• Could you wear a pashmina or other similar wrap just around your upper arms? Then it wouldn't be have an effect on the look of the strap on your shoulder/collarbone.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards