New Hampshire
Options

Pluz Size, Larger Size, FAT...

...Yes, I said it. "FAT" Seemingly there are only skinny or average size women getting married right now. My wedding isn't until next year but I want to eat better and work out but I need another Wedding Warrior with me. I have a gym on my property, I would like to work out Monday thru Friday in the morning 9:00am give or take.

Any takers? We can meet for coffee or something to get to know each other and talk for a bit.

This Fabulous Flab needs to take a HIKE!

Kimberly

Re: Pluz Size, Larger Size, FAT...

• Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome offer, but many days I'm at work at that time, and my schedule is just erratic overall.

Just a note, you didn't give any indication of where you're located, which might also help you get better offers for a workout buddy!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the record, there are plenty of "normal" or "plus-size brides out there.  I could be considered one.  I think exercise and eating healthy are two great habits to pick up, but remember that curves can be beautiful too.  Try not to be too hard on yourself.  Wink  I know it can be tough, especially since we are bombarded by media that tells us otherwise.  I just wanted to say that being healthy is important, but so is being comfortable with the skin you're in. 
    Good luck finding a workout buddy.  They can really be great.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Duh...I forgot to say that I am in the Manchester area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with trying to get in shape and finding a weight loss friend!

I will say, however, that I'm not "normal" and am definitely above average.  As much as I tried to lose weight before the wedding, I eventually just decided to say "screw it" and be happy with who I was and how I looked.  I may not have been model skinny, but I wasn't stressing myself out over weight loss either.

Good luck! :)
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have lost 45 lbs since January using myfitnesspal.com. It helps you keep track of your calories and helps you keep track of the calories earned by working out. The best part is "it's FREE". It was a life saver for me. I bought my dress at running of the brides in February and the dress was 6 1/2 inches too small. I was able to lose enough so that my seamstress only had to let out 1 inch. Obviously, I had to eat within my daily calories and exercise 30min 3 times a week but myfitnesspal.com helped alot! I know I could have lost alot more but I had to have my gallbladder removed in July and that put me out of service for a few months. When following the program I was consistently losing 2lbs per week. Hope this info helps you! Laughing
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laura...your caption under your photo is just too funny.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards