New Hampshire

Photography

I've been doing research on photography for my June 2012 wedding and I am a little stunned by how expensive it is!!! Anyone have any suggestions? Also, how far in advance is everyone booking their photographer?

Lastly, I found Nicole Montmarquet who seems to have a great package at a resonable price and from what I've seen her pictures are beautiful! is anyone else working with her?   http://www.nicolemontmarquetphotography.com/

Re: Photography

• edited December 2011
    i love love love Hannah and Eliot from Iris Leaf Photography!
    http://www.irisleafphotography.com/

our package came in at under $1000.
  • edited December 2011
    We chose Portrait New England because they were so willing to work with our budget, even though they are extremely reasonable anyways. They were great to work with and their pictures were beautiful.
    I checked out Nicole's site as I have never heard of her and her stuff is nice but I thought that $1800 was kind of a lot without any prints, albums, etc.
    I'm sure you can find lots of other great photographers for cheaper than that... IMO.

www.portraitnewengland.com
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Beth Wallce Photography, her pricing is very resonable. I booked with her about 1 year out.
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda Perkins
    www.amandaperkinsphotography.com

We loved her.  Very easy going and reasonably priced.  She was very willing to work with us and our budget.  I highly recommend her.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will definitely be checking them all out! =)
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Some of the photographers out there are really pricey, but you can shop around and check out several to determine who can offer you the best price, package, and meets your style.  We wanted someone who would be around the $1k range.

We booked our photographer about a year and four months in advance and are pretty happy with him.  He had been the photographer at a friend's wedding that we attended in 2009 and his portfolio looked nice.  He gave us some discounts and threw in some extra features.

In hindsight, kind of wish that we had interviewed a few more than we did.  I think we were so amazed at the price and bonuses that he was giving us, that we signed with him before checking out more people.  (Although we did talk to a few others).  My advice is not to sign a contract too quickly...you have plenty of time.  You can usually find a photographer 8-12 months in advance without a problem.

Here's who we're using:  http://www.williammoorephoto.com/#
    William T. Moore Photography.  His studio is on RT 101 in Bedford.

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're still reviewing our options personally, but my FI works with Jen Perkes ( clicky ) and she's wonderful.  She does photography on the side, but she's very experienced and photography runs in her family!  Her packages start around $1800, and include a large album, a signed 11x14" print, and the engagement session.  She also hosts all of her images online for you and your guests to view and purchase, and you receive a purchase credit for them.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    We're using John LoConte from JohnLo Photo.  I love his work and his prices were amazing.  For 8 hrs of coverage and all of the digital retouched and raw images it's $1500.  He's also been a great help with little details of the planning.

I would book a photographer as soon as you have a date and venue booked.  Our photographer was the second item we booked and it was 14 months before our wedding.  I think every photographer has their own style and apeal so as soon as you find one you like, book them! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Heather Donald photography (http://heatherdonaldphotography.com/). We did our engagement photos with her and she is amazing! She is resonably priced and very easy to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Artifact Images.  They're awesome.
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using NH Images. I was in a wedding last year where NH Images was the photographer & LOVE their work. I knew we had to use them as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    2nd for www.johnlophoto.com ! we used john loconte and he is fantastic!
  • redsoxfan619redsoxfan619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3rd for John LoConte! Using him for my October 2011 wedding and he has been great so far! Also gets great reviews on wedding wire and has very good prices!!
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Laura Leigh Photography, find her on facebook. She's FANTASTIC!
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • ScottCayla11ScottCayla11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using Beth from BMP Photography. She is so amazing! We fell in love with her. She is so laid back, and easy going. Truly a great fit for us. Her prices are BEYOND resonable, and she has been awesome to work with so far.

We are also friends with Jeni and Dan of Pixel Perfect. They are doing our friends wedding in two weeks and they always have fab reviews. Their work is awesome.

There are options out there! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    carpentercaptures.com!  Check him out.  Inexpensive and a great guy.
  • edited December 2011
    4 for John loconte! Such great reviews and pricing :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Millyard Studios, they're fairly new in the industry, but their photography speaks for itself.  (www.millyardstudios.com) I've had so many friends disappointed by their wedding shots, all of which were your standard "prom-style" portraits with family and the wedding party.  They of course did those too (can't leave gramma out!) but my photographer, Jodi Ramos went so above and beyond and got the most amazing shots that actually captured how happy we were, how much fun we were having, and just set up some really cool shots that you would swear you were in a vogue spread.  She also didn't miss any opportunities to get shots of the shoes, dress, jewelry, getting ready, etc. (I also did some really edgy engagement photos and a boudoir with her - also amazing, love the airbrushing!)  Also, one thing that I really appreciated (after being stuck as a bridesmaid taking pictures for what seems like forever!) she was creative, but she was fast too.  She has an amazing eye for phenomenal shots, so there's not a lot of standing around time at all. And the best part... couldn't believe how competitive their prices are (helps that they're fresh!) compared with how expensive everyone else is!

Anyway, I would highly recommend Jodi (or anyone at Millyard, they all have stunning portfolios) for photos, you will be blown away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards