Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Strange Decision: My Fair Wedding

I was watching David Tutera's My Fair Wedding yesterday and I was a little put-off by his decision to have all of the bride's BMs wear IVORY floor length dresses AND resquest that all her guests wear WHITE. It was a Greek theme so he wanted the ethereal look, but I'd be irked if I showed up at my wedding and EVERYONE was wearing my color.

Re: Strange Decision: My Fair Wedding

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    If it's a Greek theme, it makes sense? USA seems to be one of the few countries that has this weird stigma about only the bride can wear white/ivory

Besides, per etiquette you're not supposed to dictate what guests wear unless it's black tie dress code.
  • Options
    Some of the stuff David Tutera does on that show makes me want to take him out back and shoot him. 

Sprinkling dimes down the aisle in tribute to the bride's deceased father?  I would sob like a baby if I were that bride....what a way to bring an incredibly sad tone to the happiest moment of your life. 

• Options
    He also said flip flops are a huge no no, no matter how much dancing you plan on doing..he can kiss it LoL
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I really really really can't stand the two birds dresses he constantly uses!  They do not look flattering at all!!!!
  • Options
    I love all white weddings....if done the right way.
    But I totally agree David Tutera does do some strange stuff.
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really really really can't stand the two birds dresses he constantly uses!  They do not look flattering at all!!!!

AGREED!! (I think those are the weird convertible ones that make people's boobs flop around right?) 
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of an all-white wedding before, theme or no theme, so it was a  system shock to see every single moving entity in glaring white. God help you find the bride. And seriously, what is up with those floppy boob dresses?! But...if he offered to do MY wedding, I'd still take my chances and say, "Go right ahead!" 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards