Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding colors/Bridesmaid Dresses

What is everyones wedding colors? I really wanted pink Bridesmaid dresses but the dress I love doesnt have the right color pink, it looks more red, and I dont want red. I want my wedding to be pink, ivory, and bling. I am also incorporating butterflies. Do you think it matters if your bridesmaid dress colors match what the venue will look like?How do you guys feel about charcoal dress, and bright pink flowers to make it pop? Can you suggest any other color alternatives that will go with my theme! THank you!! :)

Re: Wedding colors/Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    edited January 2012
    My colors are Peacock(a dark teal) and bronze... with accents of purple, amber and blue. (think peacock colors....using feathers too)

Maybe you can get a similar style dress(or get that one in white) and have accents in the color you like added to it?

And you don't need to coordinate with your venue's colors, no one will pay attention. Just coordinate YOUR decor.

I really think charcol and bright pink will look cute together!  Maybe use other shades of grey and pink too?

Photobucketbaby yianni Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Charcoal and bright pink would be really pretty.  If you're looking for a blush or light/medium pink color for BM dresses though, Impression and Alfred Angelo have some really pretty colors.
    "The dress upped the ante."
  • Options
    My bridesmaids will be wearing a royal blue dress when our wedding venues will be set up in whites and golds and light pink. I dont think they need to match but they need to not conflict with eachother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing something similar - My girls are in a grey dress and they are carrying purple flowers.  Purple is my main wedding color (with a bit of grey and ivory), but I didn't really want purple dresses, and neither did my Bridesmaids.  They all seemed much happier doing charcoal or black dresses!
  • Options
    Our colors are purple, black & grey. I chose black dresses so the girls can wear them again & the purple flowers will pop. Also, I didn't want purple dresses to clash with different shades of purple flowers. I was open to grey dresses, but couldn't find a dress I liked in the color. I'm bringing my color in with their shoes - purple, of course. You can also look for a champaign/ khaki color dress, depending on the time of the year you're getting married. I love navy & pink, too.... I think either would look good with ivory & bling. JMO!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards