Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress Bustle

So needless to say I am not happy with the way my dress bustle has turned out.  I am wearing a dress that has a very long train.  The back of my dress is asymetrical and the seamstress tells me that if she puts the bustle in the middle of my dress it will look akward.  Well I think it looks akward over to the side as well.  Does anyone have any pictures of their dress bustles that I can look at or suggestions?

Re: Dress Bustle

• Options
    There are some pictures in my siggy on the links.

I had a double french bustle.
  • Options
    Google images of bustles, they'll have a trillion pictures you can look at
  • Options
    I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it. My dress is also asymmetrical. The seamstress is putting it to the side. I thought it looked better on the side.
  • Options
    Okay here are the pictures. Whoever ties up my bustle has to tie 4 ribbons up. It doesn't even look like I have a bustle. Do you like this?

The dress has  a chapel length train and it almost looks like it doesn't have a train at all.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-bustle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:63d5479e-33d8-45dc-a7b2-25825f933376Post:43a4f72b-63da-45ab-b90d-9ea0b51f9165">Re: Dress Bustle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay here are the pictures. Whoever ties up my bustle has to tie 4 ribbons up. It doesn't even look like I have a bustle. Do you like this? The dress has  a chapel length train and it almost looks like it doesn't have a train at all.
    Posted by RachelBurr[/QUOTE]

It's a little late for me...  But I like it a lot ;)  Very pretty!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_dress-bustle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:63d5479e-33d8-45dc-a7b2-25825f933376Post:e6dfb180-fe5e-4aed-b2a2-e07671fbe0e9">Re: Dress Bustle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Expat I love the way you had your hair styled for your ceremony! I might just have to use it for inspiration if you don't mind :).
    Posted by amdjelly[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I don't mind at all - that's very flattering :)
  • Options
    amdjellyamdjelly member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Awesome Expat!

Rachel I think that bustle looks beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks amdjelly & ExpatPumpkin.

:) I have one week left! :O I'm getting nervous...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards