New Hampshire

B Pics???

Hello... I am wondering The following
Has anyone over a size 16 done them? Where you comfortable? How did they come out?
How close to your wedding did you do your B Pics?
Who did you use?
What is a reasonable Price?
Did you get the rights to the pictures so you could have a book made for FI?

Thank you for your help!!!!

Re: B Pics???

• edited December 2011
    I personally did not do them, but I think if you want to do them, then you should regardless of your size.  I think the key is to be confident and have a photographer who knows what they're doing.  They'll be sure to get shots that are flattering on you.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I want to do them.  I met with a Photographer in Newburyport named Dawn Norris about it.  I am supposed to contact her.  She is awesome and makes you feel at ease the second you meet her.  http://www.beyoutifulboudoir.com/index2.php Oh and yes I am a size 16.  She does packages too where if you get 3 or more people together I think it is $300 with make up and a photobook. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did them about 2 months before my wedding. I LOVED the experience. I used A Brilliant Photo and would HIGHLY recommend her. She made me feel so comfortable that I did a lot more than I had expected to do. She is all about having you do what you are comfortable with. Seeing the pictures, I've never felt so beautiful in my life (in my skivvies). I think I paid $350 total and that included hair, make-up and the little black book. Her prices may have gone up since then.

http://www.abrilliantphoto.com/boudoirblog/ <--- This has her fav pics from 2009 and you can keep going through her blog to see her photos and the different styles.

You won't be dissappointed! I'm not over a size 16, but I'm no size 2 either (and have always been sensitive about my weight) and I would recommend this for any woman because it's good for YOU.
  • edited December 2011
    Go for it!  I've seen a variety of b-pics from women of all different sizes and think that each one looked so gorgeous and super flattering!  I didn't do them but now think it would have been such a nice thing to have and look back on such a wonderful time in my life (especially when I'm older and after children!). 
    If you're interested, my wedding photographer is having a b-pic shoot on August 15th.  The cost is $300 including professional makeup application.  We honestly hired her hugely because she made us feel so comfortable and is very down to earth.  Send me a pm if you'd like more info or you can check out her website and blog.  Allison Hope Photography Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not over a size 16, but my friend who came with me is a size 14 and just had a baby! Her pics came out BEAUTIFUL. Our photographer was Darcy Babers and she was amazing. She made us feel completely comfortable AND she did an awesome job of camouflaging areas that we were self-conscious about. The trick is, the more comfortable you are, the better they come out. Check out her blog, http://darcybabers.bigfolioblog.com/, some selections from our shoots are the first shots. My friend is a hairstylist and I'm an esthetician/makeup artist, so we did our own hair/makeup. I did the pics in June for a Sept. wedding. She needs time to process pics and make the album, etc. The more people who go with you and do sessions, the cheaper it is. Session: $300 Album: $175. I went with the more expensive album. She does have an option for $90. You also receive a DVD with all your shots on it. We each had a 90 minute session at the Liberty Hotel in Boston.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • JessnJamesNHJessnJamesNH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the input ladies. I truly appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards