Attire & Accessories Forum

Help - What color bridesmaid dress would compliment my BLUSH gown?

I just found my dress and ordered it in a blush color!!  I love it!  Now I'm trying to figure out what color my bridesmaids should wear.  Fiance says he and his guys will wear grey, so that is an option.  However, I'm not sure I want the girls in grey too?  I'm thinking the colors for the wedding will be neutral -- blush, ivory, white, grey, etc.?  Do you gals have any recommendations?  Did you wear a blush gown?  What colors did your wedding party wear?  :-)

Re: Help - What color bridesmaid dress would compliment my BLUSH gown?

• A soft dove grey could be pretty, or a darker version of the colour of your gown like dusky pink or apricot. 

My girls wore dresses in dark grey, with their choice of cardigans and shoes in any pastel/neutral colour. The cardiagns were mostly cream or very pale pink. 

• This question was just asked last week or so...here is the link:

Posters had some great ideas for colors/options.

• I think darker dusty rose, mauves, dark seafoam, grey,  or other grey-tinted colors.

You may want to stay away from the bright or jewel tones because their saturation may look too bold in comparison to the blush and grey.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I may be in the minority here, but I think the idea of white or ivory for your bridesmaids would be just lovely! You're going to stand out no matter what, but I think putting them in pink alongside you would be something I'd shy away from.
  • Scooterpie, wow! I love your wedding pic. You were a stunning bride.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_help-what-color-bridesmaid-dress-would-compliment-my-blush-gown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:7546260b-a3a1-4f5c-bce0-fdb1b05c52e8Post:a27e95fc-de34-4e99-bd71-88b33b3eff53">Re: Help - What color bridesmaid dress would compliment my BLUSH gown?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may be in the minority here, but I think the idea of white or ivory for your bridesmaids would be just lovely! You're going to stand out no matter what, but I think putting them in pink alongside you would be something I'd shy away from.
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking, too. I think it would be beautiful to have your bridesmaids in ivory. But gray would look beautiful too. Maybe even gray with a sash in the same blush color of your dress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I love blush and champagne together.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards