Attire & Accessories Forum

Alfred Angelo Marine Blue - Mtaching ties?

so we did suits instead of tuxs and cannot find any tie that comes close to matching the Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dress in Marine Blue.  We have gone to every store, bought many ties online only to return them, and are completly lost on how to solve this issue.  Anyone else have any ideas on how to match this color?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Re: Alfred Angelo Marine Blue - Mtaching ties?

• Why not just pick something that coordinates? No need for them to match perfectly.
  • Blues are very difficult to match precisely.  Just get them ties in one of your other colors.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Thanks for your responses.  Our other color is Orange, but with the flowers we have wouldn't match that well.  Push come to shove we will probably just have black ties (how exciting).

Any other advice?
  • For my SIL's wedding she had her husbands tailor make ties for each of the guys to match our BM dresses. I don't know how expensive that would be, but just an idea (a local seamstress may be able to do the same if you bring in fabric in the color you want)
  • Just go with a shade that coordinates.  It will look fine even if it's not the exact same shade.
  • Is Alfred Angelo's Marine Blue the same/or close to David's Bridal Marine Blue? If so, check out Men's Warehouse because they have matching colors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also using AA's Marine Blue! It's a spectacular color! I am having the boys get a paisley tie in a close blue. The paisley will be distracting, hopefully! I had a HUGE problem finding overlays and other decor. It's not royal, navy, turquiose, teal, blue green or any other shade of blue... All I can say is it's a good one though!
    (Found "blue 27 costume satin: at walmart for $2 a yard to use for overlays)

Besides ties, what else did you need help with, or what have you found? My other colors are chocolate and a faint yellow/champagne. Thanks in advance.
  • I am having Alfred Angelos BM dresses in Celadon; I asked the sales lady in the bridal shop about matching ties/ cravats and she said that they can be made in the matching fabric/ colour. It might be worth asking the sales person in the store where you got your dresses, they may be able to do something for you.

I am going to order ours on Saturday so will let you know how it goes, cost (I will convert to US $) etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • I am also using Alfred Angelo Marine Blue!! We didnt get as far as what the guys are wearing yet, so sorry I'm not any help..I'll keep my eyes open for you though. Just wanted to say great color choice!! Love it!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • go to bows-n-ties.com and click wedding and they give you tais that match the dress color.....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_alfred-angelo-marine-blue-mtaching-ties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:795ea317-9dd3-451f-b06b-9e85aa122419Post:e940618c-5016-41b1-94f0-93ae318e73b5">Re: Alfred Angelo Marine Blue - Mtaching ties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also using Alfred Angelo Marine Blue!! We didnt get as far as what the guys are wearing yet, so sorry I'm not any help..I'll keep my eyes open for you though. Just wanted to say great color choice!! Love it!
    Posted by teacup0618[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards