Attire & Accessories Forum

Can you recommend a portable steamer for a wedding dress?

Hi girls,

We have a destination wedding and I'm hoping someone can recommend a portable steamer that will work on my dress.  I've heard that I can do this myself, without having to take it to a shop or ship it to the hotel's recommended cleaning company, but I'm looking for the right brands.  There's not a lot of positive reviews for machines on Amazon and I don't want to take a stab in the dark, so does anyone have one that they think is portable and will work for the wedding weekend?

Thanks in advance,
Marion

Re: Can you recommend a portable steamer for a wedding dress?

• What about asking your seamstress or a local, well known and trusted, dry cleaner for their recommendation.

Also, depending on the fabric, you can easily steam your dress in your hotel bathroom by hanging it up, turning the shower on hot and then closing the door.  I have done this a few times with dresses for work or for a night out and it always releases the wrinkles.

• edited September 2012
    I bought a Shark Fabric Steamer from Walmart for around $60. I just steamed my dress tonight, and it worked amazing! It's a regular size steamer so it's not portable, but it would be worth it. And the steamer can come off the built in stand to move around the dress. Imagine trying to steam a whole dress with a 1" steamer.

Mine is an out of town wedding as well. I steamed my dress today, and will be takng my steamer there just to do the touch ups. I may be leaving the stand at home since the steamer itself is only about 24" tall.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards