Attire & Accessories Forum

Custom Wedding Dresses from China

Hello!  Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with buying a cutsom made dress from China.  I know of someone who has orded prom dresses through these "sketchy" sites, but a wedding dress??  I have been told they make exact repicas of designer dresses for MUCH less.  The dress I have fallen in love with is $2500, but it can be ordered direct from China for $125!!!!  I am thinking that the quality of the fabric is not nice, but would love any feedback!
Thank you :)

Re: Custom Wedding Dresses from China

• Read the sticky at the top of this forum. People have a ton of horror stories about ordering from China and ending up with something that doesn't look like the picture/is substandard in quality, etc. It is highly suggested not to do so.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Thank you for the quick reply!  I assumed that this was "too good to be true" but wanted to hear others' opinions on the idea.  That post has completely changed my mind on this decision!!
  • Please support OUR economy and buy local. I swear the recession was caused by the internet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Don't buy a dress you haven't tried on in person,  counterfeits are sold to brides all the time.Those brides who buy from China or the internet are trying to save money and the only result from this is a botched up dress, not the original and a no refund policy. 

The poor bride has to find another dress or a seamstress to fix the dress/flaws and pay lots of money to do so.  So in the end, where was the savings, I ask you?!?  Is the stress worth it to you?  This is your wedding day after all.  Ask your consultant at a full service bridal salon for a discount and you may just get it!
  • A.) The quality sucks

B.) The customer service sucks

C.) Children make your dress.  Good job enforcing child labor.  Moral kudos.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• A.) The quality sucks

B.) The customer service sucks

C.) Children make your dress.  Good job enforcing child labor.  Moral kudos.
    This is an excellent point.  Although I do wonder how many legit brands also use immoral forms of labor and we just don't know :(

SaveSave
  • there is a picture that was going around this board it was a morliee prom dress on the right and on the left picture was a chineese knock off. was done so bad it looked like a child slaped fabric together to make a halloween costume.. china is bad see if you can find the dress at local bridal consigments or on pre owned wedding websites 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards